how to fight like mike tyson dvd

Discuss boxing techniques, strategy, drills, and preparation
radioactive

how to fight like mike tyson dvd

Postby radioactive » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:19 pm

looks interesting..
Conditioning beats capabilities !!! i tell myself to stop complaining bout how tough it is...Fatigue hurts So If u don`t feel pain, it ain`t Boxing. This is the LIFE!!!

Ross Enamait
Site Admin

Re: how to fight like mike tyson dvd

Postby Ross Enamait » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:33 pm

What many fail to realize is that Tyson's style was suited for him. It doesn't work for everyone. Not everyone has his gifts, ability, the years and years of training, his temperament and tenacity, etc.

Legendary trainer Ray Arcel once said, "No two men are alike. Everybody has their own style. Never change a style. Improve it, but never change a style."

Bill Humphrey

Postby Bill Humphrey » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:07 am

Ross is right if your not the shorter stockier infighter, then trying to fight like Tyson could be your downfall. There may be some good training tips on the video, but I would read up on and recognise your own style before trying to box like Tyson. If Tyson was 6'2" he would have boxed completley differently.

regards BH
"Champions aren't made in gyms, champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Ross Enamait
Site Admin

Postby Ross Enamait » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:31 am

Bill Humphrey wrote:Ross is right if your not the shorter stockier infighter, then trying to fight like Tyson could be your downfall. There may be some good training tips on the video, but I would read up on and recognise your own style before trying to box like Tyson. If Tyson was 6'2" he would have boxed completley differently.

regards BH

Roy Jones Sr. is a perfect example of this concept (Roy's father). Roy's style was obviously unique, but Roy Sr. didn't push that style on all of his fighters. Many know Roy Sr. for his son, but he also developed many other fighters from scratch (meaning they started with him). Vince Phillips and Arthur Williams both went on to become world champions, but with completely different boxing styles than Roy Jr.

Return to “Boxing Skills, Strategy, and Training”