1. The gym teaches something called Zulu Kai, which is apparently a mix of boxing, Dambe boxing (no idea), Muay Thai, Nuba wrestling (again, no idea), Brazilian grappling (sounds like a bullshit version of BJJ), and Filipino weapons. An ecletic mix for sure.
2. They have an extensive belt rank system.
3. Under his accomplishments it says:
* Former undefeated KIckboxer
* Certified 7th Degree Black Belt
* In only 3 years coach Lutalo has produced:
2 Heavy weight champion titles
1 light weight champion
1 super heavy weight 2nd place finalist
2 Welterweight 2nd place finalist
14 amateur fighters, and
2 professional fighters (1 MMA, 1 Boxing)
No mention of where he kickboxed (I can't find any mention of him online) and no mention of who he got his blackbelt from, or what he got it in. And to produce that many "champions" in 3 years?
However, he is listed as a licensed USA boxing coach. What exactly does that entail? He does offer classes that are just straight up boxing, not this "Zulu Kai" stuff. Anyone have experience with this guy?
Here's his site: http://www.ocboxingacademy.com/
If anyone knows of any other boxing gyms in north Orange County CA, let me know.