slosh pipe

If you build it, they will come...
samurai69

slosh pipe

Postby samurai69 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:17 pm

been looking at constructing a couople of sloshpipes for the gym

but i cant seem to find any end pipes/cappings for the ends

do they actually make a decent fitting anywhere.............portugal does sell drain pipes, but........in limited supply i think

.help

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"

"A trainer is only with you an hour a day - the other 23 hours its all down to you." silentbob

www.newspartangym.com mod at www.spartan-warriors.co.uk forum

Box4Life

Re: slosh pipe

Postby Box4Life » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:30 pm

Home Depot or similar. You get a coupling then a screw plug and a cap on the other side.
...Ask Yourself

bigvic

Postby bigvic » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:31 am

Get ABS pipe if you can, stronger than PVC. Where they sell the pipe they should sell the end caps as well, one would think.
The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement.

Harvest

Postby Harvest » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:27 am

What is the benefit of training with a slosh pipe?

Box4Life

Postby Box4Life » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:22 am

Helps build smaller stabilizer muscles in back and shoulder. Also a fun mix up tool.
...Ask Yourself

bigvic

Postby bigvic » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:33 am

Hate to thread hi-jack, but I have pretty much stopped all slosh pipe training. Found something way better. I made a couple of chain bars. Weights attached to chains hanging from the end of a bar...it is just freaking killer. 10 times harder than the slosh pipe. Pics coming soon in another thread.
The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement.

cosmoose

Postby cosmoose » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:32 pm

bigvic wrote:Hate to thread hi-jack, but I have pretty much stopped all slosh pipe training. Found something way better. I made a couple of chain bars. Weights attached to chains hanging from the end of a bar...it is just freaking killer. 10 times harder than the slosh pipe. Pics coming soon in another thread.

You have my attention. A slosh pipe was on my summer to-do list...

I need an all-ears smiley here...

Box4Life

Postby Box4Life » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:40 pm

Yes explain further how this could possibly be as unstable or difficult as a weight shifting slosh pipe. I am kind of confused as to how your device is similar. I too eagerly await the pictures/description!!! :mozilla_laughing:
...Ask Yourself

samurai69

Postby samurai69 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:01 pm

Box4Life wrote:Yes explain further how this could possibly be as unstable or difficult as a weight shifting slosh pipe. I am kind of confused as to how your device is similar. I too eagerly await the pictures/description!!! :mozilla_laughing:

i have used a couple of kegs on chains attached to a 7ft bar, its way tough, but IMO not quite the same as a slosh pipe

two barrels 1/3 filled with water in each barrel, on about 1ft or so of a drop and the barrels wswing and the water inside swishes too

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"

"A trainer is only with you an hour a day - the other 23 hours its all down to you." silentbob

www.newspartangym.com mod at www.spartan-warriors.co.uk forum

Nevergiveup

Postby Nevergiveup » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:15 pm

Why not do over-head BB or DB exercises? Wouldn't that accomplish the same thing without having to contruct a new piece of equipment? Just a thought.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/exerci ... squat.html

Return to “Training Equipment”