burpees everyday???

Ask strength and conditioning questions or share your knowledge.
ridla

burpees everyday???

Postby ridla » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:54 pm

can 50 or 100 burpees be done every day, as you only workout? I was wondering if there is time needed for recuperation.
Thanks

Bissen

Postby Bissen » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:08 pm

You don't think it would become a bit boring?

Burpees are genious, but I wouldn't do the same exercise every day. A keyword to good training (and eating and living and...) is VARIETY. ;)
"If you can run 5k, you can run a marathon...
It's just a matter of your brain telling your feet to shut up"
- Mads Christensen

ridla

Postby ridla » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:20 pm

[quote="Bissen"]You don't think it would become a bit boring?

Burpees are genious, but I wouldn't do the same exercise every day. A keyword to good training (and eating and living and...) is VARIETY. ;)[/quote]
for questions sake.

legendrow

Postby legendrow » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:32 pm

If you can be arsed.

Depends on your ability to recover and strength as well. If you find low reps of burpees challenging then it would not be advisable to do high numbers for several consecutive days.
You Can Do Anything You Set Your Mind To. Nothing Is Impossible.

Buddha

Postby Buddha » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:12 pm

I think the body responds best to changing stimuli, it might become boring quickly and it would only work your body in one way anyways neglecting many other areas of fitness. If your not bothered about that though then it is possible. what are your goals?
'It would have to be beautiful and hard as steel and make people ashamed of their existence.'

Workout Log - http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=39553&p=937092#p937092

shootfighter

Postby shootfighter » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:22 pm

legendrow wrote:If you can be arsed.

Depends on your ability to recover and strength as well. If you find low reps of burpees challenging then it would not be advisable to do high numbers for several consecutive days.

He could split them up to avoid overtraining. On mondays, wednesdays and fridays he could do "burp". On tuesday, thursday and saturday he could do "ees". Sunday off.
Want some ideas or challenges, check out The Workout of the Week thread in the Strength and Conditioning forum. http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23585
And more in the Archives...
http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/viewt ... 856#256856

Vic_Vega

Postby Vic_Vega » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:28 pm

I do a 50 burpee challenge almost daily, as well as a daily allotment of pullups, pushups, and bodyweight squats in addition to whatever workout I do that day. My body can handle it...the only way to know is to try it for a week and see if it works. I still recommend incorporating variety though in addition to the burpees, but if you're pressed for time or don't have much room a 50 or 100 burpee challenge is an excellent workout.
I got my eye on you, Julian...I'm watching you like a shit-hawk.

"Oh I see...we're playing prison rules, huh?"

Training Log

Trag

Postby Trag » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:30 pm

shootfighter wrote:
legendrow wrote:If you can be arsed.

He could split them up to avoid overtraining. On mondays, wednesdays and fridays he could do "burp". On tuesday, thursday and saturday he could do "ees". Sunday off.

:Now, that's funny:

It will probably get boring quickly.
This statement is false.

MagicMike

Postby MagicMike » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:04 pm

Thats just bad mojo… It's a great exercise but doing one movement for a while just gets really boring and your motivation will go down with your mojo and sooner or later you might not want to workout. I would say have a morning workout everyday and every other day in the evening have your burpee challenge.

Caysche

Postby Caysche » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:11 pm

Yeah your motivation to do burpees will go down to a very poor level. But burpees are great for many workout routines. I tried to do sets of burpees everyday by doing one rep more everyday and i stopped it because my mind didn´t liked even though my body could handle it.

Return to “Strength and Conditioning”