warrior diet should i ?

Discuss nutrition and supplementation
dannydoherty

Re: warrior diet should i ?

Postby dannydoherty » Sun May 06, 2012 5:31 am

the book came on saturday, looking forward to geting a proper diet set out. thanks for the inputs
Im not a troll, my post are just daft sometimes :P

finnegan

Postby finnegan » Mon May 07, 2012 6:10 am

Definitely keep us posted. Its been 2 weeks for me and I really enjoy it. Its an adjustment for sure but I have definitely leaned out from it.

Dr Zoidberg

Postby Dr Zoidberg » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:07 am

Any updates on how this has been going?

dannydoherty

Postby dannydoherty » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:34 am

sorry about not replying, i havnt started the diet yet , im re-reading the book it has to much info for me to take in at once. i worked out how much money i can aford to spend on my diet each weak im hopeing 30-40 pound will cover it.
I live 10 mins away from the butchers and the farm so getting fresh veg and meat is coverd. im dissapointed in myself to be honest i thought id have it sorted out by now. Anyway i have a noob question about veg, Could anyone tell me what green veg i can eat without cooking it? i have no clue what to eat apart from peas and lettuce. How is your progress going by the way, Thanks

finnegan

Postby finnegan » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:07 am

Danny Ill break WD down to a quick version for you, dont eat meals for 16-20 hours (including the time you sleep) you can have coffee, nuts, fruit and vegetables and water during this undereating time. You can even have a salad or soup but be sensible. The idea is to undereat, and avoid carbs during the undereating phase. After the 16-20 hours eat, eat big and eat as much as you like until you are more thirsty than hungry.

If the idea of 16-20 hours is too daunting then cut the time down to 10 hours or 12 until you get used to it. Remember though you are supposed to feel hungry during the undereating time. Give it a go brother.

Dr Zoidberg

Postby Dr Zoidberg » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:47 am

For raw green veg, spinach is good, I eat broccoli raw too, and cabbage.

Just got the book haven't started it yet.

dannydoherty

Postby dannydoherty » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:43 am

Thanks for the replies :mozilla_smile: im gonna start in a few days, it looks like im not getting any sleep again tonight so when im back on track i can focus on the diet properly

finnegan

Postby finnegan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:17 am

Friend has started WD. She states she noticed after the hungry period she gets to a point where she loses her appetite at night and has to force herself to eat. I didnt have this experience but It makes sense to me, any one else encounter this?

vicenteumanzor

Postby vicenteumanzor » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:19 am

finnegan wrote:Friend has started WD. She states she noticed after the hungry period she gets to a point where she loses her appetite at night and has to force herself to eat. I didnt have this experience but It makes sense to me, any one else encounter this?

I'm not doing the warrior diet but the leangains version but in concept they're both the same thing. But yes I've experience the same thing. Its weird, yet my performance hasn't suffered and I've been leaning out so everything is working out fine. I've realized that this is a diet VERY easy to maintain on all levels (the weight, hungry, one's sanity, etc.). As with everything there is a transition period and some getting used to but once your mind and body have adapted you'll be pleased with the new approach and with the results.
Chente~Chente

finnegan

Postby finnegan » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:37 am

^^^Thanks. Its been over a month for me now and I like this way of eating. Ori Hof says your body will tell you what it needs and while thats a bit too new agey for me there is merit to it. I like the fact that I am not a slave to the plate and actually get excited about the big feeding window I have waiting for me.

Return to “Nutrition and Supplementation”