Being able to carry around the USA

A place to discuss self defense, weapons, and related topics
speedy

Being able to carry around the USA

Postby speedy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:51 am

Apparently there is a law they are trying to pass which allows us to carry anywhere around the US as long as you have a permit in your state; assuming it passes. If our fearless leader has anything to say I am sure it will get stomped on.
Speedy wrote:#1 tool to get fit and stay fit is consistency!

For ANY thread/post that the person types "I don't have time..." followed by some excuse read this: Make Time
When I read the word "functional" I do this ---> :mozilla_yell:

Jesse

Re: Being able to carry around the USA

Postby Jesse » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:02 am

Check out the GOA's website. There are a few problems with the law, and I don't like federal law superseding state.

WilliamK8987

Postby WilliamK8987 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:56 am

Being a police officer I can carry in all 50 states, but there are states I would never have a gun on me. Different states and police departments have different procedures and it isn't worth the risk.

Brooklyn_teacher

Postby Brooklyn_teacher » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:10 am

Would NY be one of those?

One of my best friends is a sergeant in the NYPD and he quite often has a sidearm on him even when off duty. I'll be talking to him and spot it and be like...

"So yeah, then I went out and got a coffee but the guy there was... holy shit mate, you know you're carrying a gun, right?"
I hope we shall crush… in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country.

Zero the Hero

Postby Zero the Hero » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:53 am

An armed society is a respectful society.

Criminal scum and abusive cops would think twice if good people were packing.

Jesse

Postby Jesse » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:26 am

I always feel warm and fuzzy when I see someone carrying. People with concealed carry permits are statistically 3 times less likely to ever be involved in any kind of violent crime. They're also extremely likely to be the kind of person willing to jump in to protect someone in danger.

w1cked

Postby w1cked » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:00 am

Brooklyn_teacher wrote:Would NY be one of those?

One of my best friends is a sergeant in the NYPD and he quite often has a sidearm on him even when off duty. I'll be talking to him and spot it and be like...

"So yeah, then I went out and got a coffee but the guy there was... holy shit mate, you know you're carrying a gun, right?"

No.

LEGALLY, LEOSA would let you carry in all states.

There was a case where a PA constable was arrested by NYPD for carrying in NY. Charges were dropped eventually (NY vs Arthur Rodriguez).

So legally he'd be in the right, but contrary to popular belief, MOST cops DON'T KNOW LAWS, so maybe subject to arrest/detention/hassle, etc.
2012 goals
-reach & maintain single digit bf
-muscle up, free HSPU, standing rollout

Jesse

Postby Jesse » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:19 am

Just an aside, but additionally although NY has a concealed carry permit for residents, they do not recognize any other state's CCW permits and they do not allow any guns to be transported into the state in any form.

w1cked

Postby w1cked » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:20 am

Jesse wrote:Just an aside, but additionally although NY has a concealed carry permit for residents, they do not recognize any other state's CCW permits and they do not allow any guns to be transported into the state in any form.

Yup. Although, getting a permit in most liveable places in NY (ie, non hick towns) is down right infeasible. I checked Albany county and Erie county (Buffalo), both 'may issue' i.e. no issue judges, and ~6 months to just get a pistol permit.
2012 goals
-reach & maintain single digit bf
-muscle up, free HSPU, standing rollout

Jesse

Postby Jesse » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:47 am

Sorry, man. Alaska's sounding better and better all the time.

Return to “Weapons and Tactics”