sledgehammer workout?

Ask strength and conditioning questions or share your knowledge.
hatemail

Postby hatemail » Mon May 08, 2006 3:55 pm

luckily my wife is very understanding. shes actually in better shape than i am. cardio wise she beats me to a pulp. unfortunately shes a gym rat who swears by ballys, pilates, and yoga classes....which gets pretty expensive. she calls my altered basketball and dodge ball med balls "ghetto"Now, that's funny. i tell her i picked up all my gear at garage sales and freebees by just calling around....then i show her how much her membership hits our checking acct every month.

Green Beret

Postby Green Beret » Mon May 08, 2006 11:09 pm

Gaiscioch wrote:Sledgehammer workouts are one of my favorite kinds. I like to incorporate it into conditioning drills. Try this:

-sledgehammer diagonal swings x10 per side
-hook the hammer head into your tire and drag it backwards 50 yards
-drop to the ground, perform 10 burpees
repeat for a 3 minute round. 4-6 rounds, 1 minute rest.

thanks for the replies. your little routine is an excellent idea, i especially like the tire dragging after a few hits. will definately be trying this out next training session! this has also given me a few ideas on how to 'spice' mine up.

FFCombat

Postby FFCombat » Tue May 09, 2006 2:20 pm

I have been swinging a ten pounder most of the time, but jumped up to a sixteen yesterday. It sure gave the hamstrings a good workout! 20 swings in part of the circuit I was doing was plenty!
"The faster I run...the sooner I'm done!"

kdiver58

Sledge

Postby kdiver58 » Wed May 10, 2006 6:36 am

I use a 10 pounder also. I got mine at Northern Tool. I've been married over 24 years my wife knows I'm nuts. :shock:
Sucks getting old ..the mind is willing but the body is weak... Ahhhh hell who am I kidding the mind is getting pretty weak too!

Return to “Strength and Conditioning”