DIY Rowing Machine...finally a decent design

If you build it, they will come...
Jesse

DIY Rowing Machine...finally a decent design

Postby Jesse » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:26 pm

http://openergo.webs.com/

Just requested the specs from the website. There are a LOT of neat variations on this that have hit youtube.

Stavros

Re: DIY Rowing Machine...finally a decent design

Postby Stavros » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:29 am

Thanks Jesse,

Cool one.

Although i had seen DIY ergometers before, i had completely forgoten this option.
In a rowing club i was following many years ago we had one but not of this type and of course we prefered to use the Concept II.
In a neighbour kayak club they had only ergometers of such type-DYI with bicycle wheels.
νοῦς ὑγιής ἐν σώματι ὑγιεῖ

Arkann

Postby Arkann » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:38 am

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Jesse

Postby Jesse » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:03 pm

Wanted to bump this with a quick video of a new kind of "ski" machine setup. I actually quickly found a link to another youtube video (the 2nd one) where a guy threw together a DIY version that uses the same very basic but nice setup of the bungie cords with the bicycle gear/chain setup that allows for smooth pulls and returns on the DIY rowing machine. What I really like about this kind of machine (assuming it actually delivers a decent workout) is how TINY the footprint is in terms of floorspace. I could squeeze one of these in just about ANYWHERE. Rant over. :P Hope you guys had a good thanksgiving.

Return to “Training Equipment”