Finally made a T-handle.

If you build it, they will come...
Waffles

Re: Finally made a T-handle.

Postby Waffles » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:38 pm

Primate wrote:
Waffles wrote:Cool, ty for the reply. I'm kind of tempted in buying a plateau buster from Strongergrip.com, however it's $150. :doh:

Dude, you can make one in less than two minutes for literally one fifth of that price.

But, but, but the plateau buster is so shiny :mozilla_tongue:

In seriousness though, I will definitely just make my own T-handle.

RepublicJim

Postby RepublicJim » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:13 pm

Waffles wrote:I have a question for you guys. Does a T-handle swings feel similar to swinging a kettle bell?

I have to admit that I've never actually used a real kettlebell, so I can't speak to that from experience. What I can say is that with my t-handle I have been able to fairly well match the correct two-hand swing form demonstrated in numerous videos using real kettlebells. I will note that although quite a few DIY sites list a 12" nipple for the shaft, I chose to use a 10" one instead. This keeps the center of balance a little closer to the handle (which I think would make it feel a little more similar to an actual kettlebell) while sacrificing a little loading potential. Of course, mine also has a 2" adapter sleeve on the shaft so that I can use standard Olympic plates, which should allow for as heavy a load as I will ever be able to swing. All in all it's a great piece of gear for really minimal cost.
pathfighter wrote:Keep at it. People may not listen to regular madmen, but they do listen to jacked madmen.

Primate

Postby Primate » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:51 am

Picked up some shorter handles (100mm rather than 150mm) and it really does make a difference, it's a lot more comfortable.

AditiCorp

Postby AditiCorp » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:43 pm

Glad to see the post. Keep up the good spirit.

Rykard

Postby Rykard » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:49 am

Hi,
has anyone from the UK made something like this? I am struggling to find this sort of equipment over here. I saw one example of an adjustable KB on amazon, but it was about £150 and the handle was knurled???

Or a real long shot, would anyone be willing to buy the items for me and ship them over here, willing to pay via paypal (if shipping isn't too great)?

should have asked Ross to bring them over in his luggage when he came over with Katie Now, that's funny.
Cheers,
Rich
A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching

MAKtheKnife

Postby MAKtheKnife » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:23 am

Rykard wrote:has anyone from the UK made something like this? I am struggling to find this sort of equipment over here. I saw one example of an adjustable KB on amazon, but it was about £150 and the handle was knurled???

I just pulled up Amazon.co.uk and they have all the fittings you need:

Tee = GFET34 3/4inch BSP Equal Female Tee - Galvanised Fitting
Flange = Anvil 8700164307
Nipples of various lengths can be found by searching for 3/4" galvanised pipe nipple and digging from there

Hope that helps!

Return to “Training Equipment”