A better use for baseballs

If you build it, they will come...
mtguy

A better use for baseballs

Postby mtguy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:26 pm

Decided to make my own grips for my pull-up bar, only ran me 10-12 dollars and took about 10 mins.

"The nice thing about being the best is that you can listen to other people's advice without necessarily having to take it."
Co-worker

Paladin

Re: A better use for baseballs

Postby Paladin » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:46 pm

Nice work! I've been thinking of rigging up some of these myself.
Blessed be the Lord my rock, Who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle! Psalm 144:1
For those who have hunted armed men, training will never be the same.
Help the children of fallen heroes: Please Donate: http://www.specialops.org/

Bagman

Postby Bagman » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:13 am

I made something similar to do lifts with .but have never really used it

speedy

Postby speedy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:33 am

Seen that a few times, but does raise a question I had in my head since the first time I seen that. Do you use a normal drill to make those holes or do you use a drill press?
Hardcase wrote:...I no longer care about being on this site so i'm not bothered by final suggestions and any of that nonsense. ...I won't be back posting here again.

Actions speak louder than words.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=71997&start=30

mtguy

Postby mtguy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:24 pm

I used a normal drill, I can't remember the drill bit size, but it was very close to the the diameter of the screws. Drill bit went right through it with no problems, just make sure you have your hands on the outside (not underneath) of the ball.
"The nice thing about being the best is that you can listen to other people's advice without necessarily having to take it."
Co-worker

rubadub

Postby rubadub » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:57 pm

I was thinking about making something like this. I saw cheap dog toys with a hard tennis ball on the end like this

I also thought I could just get 2 small towels and put each over a chinup bar and tie a knot in each of them, perhaps tying the 4 corners, 2 at a time on each towel. Now these towels will be 2 small hammocks, I could put a ball into each hammock and hold the ball through the towel, you could but various different items in the towel hammocks. If you got a big one you could put a large ball in it, and hold only the big ball with both hands.
Use code MP99441 at checkout for 5% off your first order at http://www.myprotein.co.uk cheap european delivery.

TurboRocket

Postby TurboRocket » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:46 am

mtguy wrote:Decided to make my own grips for my pull-up bar, only ran me 10-12 dollars and took about 10 mins.

Softballs work well, too.
Peace...

LaRosa

Postby LaRosa » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:15 pm

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I have a question about making these baseball grips.

Would that design be able to hold up to using them on a cable pulley while performing throwing exercises? Something similar to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uDNraSx4z4

Thanks.

elmatador

Postby elmatador » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:34 am

I have used mine a cable pulley. It's always held up OK and I have some doubt so just be sensible i.e. keep checking it.

speedy

Postby speedy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:23 am

LaRosa wrote:Sorry for bumping this thread, but I have a question about making these baseball grips.

Would that design be able to hold up to using them on a cable pulley while performing throwing exercises? Something similar to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uDNraSx4z4

Thanks.

Wow my reply is from 2 years ago; how did you stumble across this one?
Hardcase wrote:...I no longer care about being on this site so i'm not bothered by final suggestions and any of that nonsense. ...I won't be back posting here again.

Actions speak louder than words.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=71997&start=30

Return to “Training Equipment”