Chest harness ideas.

If you build it, they will come...
leeroy

Chest harness ideas.

Postby leeroy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:47 am

Hi,

Does anyone have any clever ideas on how to make a chest harness? Or something you could commonly find at a DIY store that could be used as a chest harness?

I recently made myself a pulley system to train some moves on the rings, but attaching a dip belt it doesn't feel right and steadily begins to wedgie me.

bguigz

Re: Chest harness ideas.

Postby bguigz » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:56 am

No idea about how to make one home-made-style, but if you're willing to put some money, you should check climbing equipment stores / websites.
My log

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

speedy

Postby speedy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:22 am

A little confused here. So you are getting a wedgie from using the dip belt? How? The dip belt goes around the waist no where near the crotch or the butt. However, if you want a good harness, I suggest just go to a climbing store and get a climbing harness. I use one for climbing and you will NEVER get a wedgy on that.
Hardcase wrote:...I no longer care about being on this site so i'm not bothered by final suggestions and any of that nonsense. ...I won't be back posting here again.

Actions speak louder than words.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=71997&start=30

Faust

Postby Faust » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:04 am

First off, I'd really like to see pics of you in your pulley string system on rings!
Second, I go with bguigz for the climbing gear. I don't think you can get a cheaper chest harness.

AND POST PICS
in the funny pic thread

Faust

Edit: I once made a chest harness from climbing rope for a tour. Very uncomfortable.
Read Nietzsche

samurai69

Postby samurai69 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:09 am

i have a deer drag harness that cost 5 quid of ebay

i have a hip belt made from one of those fall arest belts in local DIY store

both work ok and are cheap enough
"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"

"A trainer is only with you an hour a day - the other 23 hours its all down to you." silentbob

www.newspartangym.com mod at www.spartan-warriors.co.uk forum

leeroy

Postby leeroy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:18 am

speedy wrote:A little confused here. So you are getting a wedgie from using the dip belt? How? The dip belt goes around the waist no where near the crotch or the butt. However, if you want a good harness, I suggest just go to a climbing store and get a climbing harness. I use one for climbing and you will NEVER get a wedgy on that.

Sorry, wedgie was a bit inaccurate. The other end of the pulley has weight on it, and that tugs on the dip belt causing it to ride up my waist into my chest (and pulling my pants up along with it).

Climbing harness or a deer dragging harness sound like good ideas. I'll have to see if I can find a second hand one cheap.

dodfire13

Postby dodfire13 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:04 am

Get one piece of webbing about 4 feet or so long. Tie a water knot (http://www.animatedknots.com/waterknot/index.php) in it so that it forms one loop. Cross the loop over so that it forms a figure eight. Put your arms through each opening made in the figure 8 so that the cross part is in the middle of your upper back. Bring the loops together in front of your chest and attach them together with a carabiner. This will keep them centered so they wont ride back into your shoulders. Use another carabiner to attach a sled or what not to the crossed part of the webbing on your back. This will keep it centered in your upper back. If the webbing diggs in and is uncomfortable you can use those kid pad things that parents put on seatbelts for extra padding.

We use this type of set up for a quick chest harness in the fire department. Also use it to pull tires across the truck bay from time to time....
Reality is term created by people that lack imagination

Tepe

Postby Tepe » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:40 am

If you attach weight to chest harness wont the rope/chain crush your balls? Or are you planning to put the weight behind?

EDIT: Thinking for a second, why would it as dip belt doesn't either. ^^
''Getting motivated is one of the most important steps toward getting what you want''

dodfire13

Postby dodfire13 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:18 am

You would have two carabiners for the harness. One in the front of your chest, so you could attach there and pull back. And then one where the harness crosses on your back, for pulling forwards.
Reality is term created by people that lack imagination

Return to “Training Equipment”