Lets see your home gym!

If you build it, they will come...
kovathe

Re: Lets see your home gym!

Postby kovathe » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:10 am

sculls wrote:This is my little corner. Lacks the gritty garage feeling, space and equipment some of you guys have, but gets the job done. :mozilla_smile:

Do the dip bars handle much weight?
I m thinking of getting a pair of those but not sure it will hold BW+added weight.

sculls

Postby sculls » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:03 pm

kovathe wrote:
sculls wrote:This is my little corner. Lacks the gritty garage feeling, space and equipment some of you guys have, but gets the job done. :mozilla_smile:

Do the dip bars handle much weight?
I m thinking of getting a pair of those but not sure it will hold BW+added weight.

Yes. The wall is hollow bricks. I had to use very long screws, anchors and chemical 2 component wall tie. I practically cemented the screws into the wall.

If you're not familiar with stuff like this ask someone who is, you don't want to come crashing down together with the whole setup. :mozilla_wink:
Sport is specific, training is individual.

Train congruently! (not much of a catchphrase but a great concept)
http://www.youtube.com/user/CongruentExercise/videos

kovathe

Postby kovathe » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:26 pm

thanks man! :thumbs-up:

Caesar

Postby Caesar » Thu May 01, 2014 4:30 am

My home gym :) Since I'm a student it is very very light on cost. All the stuff was free. Unwanted junk off other people.

Buckets filled with stones that is used sometimes for parking lots or back roads. Each weigh about 25kg. Here I was using them for depth push ups. But I have used them for all manner of things such as squats or just simply manhandling them. I sometimes hold one in each hand, stand on the third and do squats.

My ramp for progressing to standing roll out. Just a piece of wood on a sloped drive way :)

Pull up bar with a nice thick bar. As well as rafters for when I don't feel like using a conventional bar.

And finally, some bricks for depth pike push ups and an old saw table that I use for dips and sometimes I deadlift it. I have no idea how much it weighs. But its a lot of solid steel as well as a heavy duty motor. I would estimate close to 200kg. I just lift one end.

I also have a jump rope, a boxing bag, a weight set I got many years ago which is about 60kg in total, a very fit and playful dog, a nice hilly area to run as well as many concrete bird baths I enjoy lifting.

sculls

Postby sculls » Sun May 04, 2014 11:44 pm

Cool low tech, low cost fitness setup! Keep up the good work.
Sport is specific, training is individual.

Train congruently! (not much of a catchphrase but a great concept)
http://www.youtube.com/user/CongruentExercise/videos

BradMM

Postby BradMM » Thu May 29, 2014 5:28 am

Turning 60 in 12 days but I recently added this to my backyard gym:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

I got 35, 45 and 55 lb DB's, a chinning bar with Grenade Pull Up balls:
http://train.elitefts.com/exercises-by- ... l-pull-up/

Other stuff like bags of sand, 4" pipe, 5' long filled with concrete, a big rock :mozilla_wink:

Think I'm going to paint the word "AGE" on my heavy bag... that's the enemy!
When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.”
~ Chief Tecumseh

Jeff Stickney

Postby Jeff Stickney » Fri May 30, 2014 12:09 pm

I just put this together this week. I also have some resistance bands I can anchor to the posts, and two sledges (different weights).

Faust

Postby Faust » Sat May 31, 2014 12:08 am

You guys really make me want to dig holes in my backyard and put poles in it.... Excellent!
Read Nietzsche

matt_d

Postby matt_d » Sat May 31, 2014 6:54 am

The result of lots of great Christmas and birthday gifts. The pull up station and dip bar (new addition for my birthday tomorrow) were both custom made by my brother in law.

Got a few other bits - like bands - but this is what gets used every week.

ImageImageImage

Faust

Postby Faust » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:31 pm

^Solid stuff! Anywhere to hang a heavy bag or do you use the DE ball only?
Read Nietzsche

Return to “Training Equipment”