I started stickfighting!

If you build it, they will come...
Steel

Re: I started stickfighting!

Postby Steel » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:33 am

Faust wrote:This one caught me completely off-guard! Like a mirror when you don't expect one.

Speaking of mirrors reflecting back to you. During the month I was in communication with a very experienced Eskrimador who I have tremendous respect for. His skills, training methods and communications on developing are for me an exemplar . This is what he said to me, which for me has mature reflection in it and should be considered deeply. I will share without the temptation to break it down or summarise, instead let it resonate for anybody who wants or needs. Faust I hope you got something useful from all the ramblings here on this thread.

Mr. Steel thanks you and I look forward to any emails on how things progress for you and your loyal training partner, treat him good, they are hard to come by.

Salamat po

Amen. Learning never ends. And training is forever. Just because we know something doesn't mean we can do it. A fact many never fathom. Train well Brother!

:mozilla_cool:

Faust

Postby Faust » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:05 am

Steel wrote:I hope you got something useful from all the ramblings here on this thread.

Amen. Learning never ends. And training is forever. Just because we know something doesn't mean we can do it. A fact many never fathom. Train well Brother!

:mozilla_cool:

You must be joking!
This thread is like steroids for my eskrima journey, I have to thank you for all the advice and pointers on the subject.

Apart from the fun, the skill set I'm working on is far more than just the technicality of swinging sticks. I love that.

And my training partner is even more thrilled, that the man he randomly approached is as enthusiastic about training as he is. We truly found each other. It's a great experience with the potential to grow old with!
Read Nietzsche

Faust

Postby Faust » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:27 pm

It's more than one year now since I started this thread, but I still read it on a monthly basis.
I still am a beginner, but I see some development here and there.

And beating people with sticks rocks!
Read Nietzsche

Return to “Training Equipment”