BJJ and TKW instead of conditioning

Discuss boxing techniques, strategy, drills, and preparation
quark

BJJ and TKW instead of conditioning

Postby quark » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:58 am

Hello there, I'm an amateur boxing (I don't compete anymore though), and I was thinking of starting Brazilian jiu jitsu and taekwondo. Since my schedule is conditioning drills in the morning and boxing later in the afternoon, I was thinking of doing two classes in the morning instead of the conditioning program. The two classes would be BJJ and TKW.

Do you think that my boxing is going to be affected?

Best,
Quark

quark

Re: BJJ and TKW instead of conditioning

Postby quark » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:58 am

so..news I tried bjj, and I loved it!! As of now I'll leave teakwood for the future, definitely not now.

I want to boxe every day from Monday to Saturday, and the same goes for bjj.
As far I've been trained boxing in the morning and conditioning in the afternoon, so my new schedule would be, boxing in the morning and bjj in the afternoon.

Do you think it's detrimental for a boxer to switch his conditioning program to a martial art (grappling in this case)?
in the bjj class we just grapple, there is no real exercising. We try some techniques, and then we grapple for like 20 minutes.

kingsimba

Re: BJJ and TKW instead of conditioning

Postby kingsimba » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:08 pm

If you don't compete, who cares? Enjoy yourself. I trained BJJ and MT / Boxing together for a few years before I transitioned to and focused solely on competitive boxing. And if you're not getting a workout from rolling, you're not rolling enough :) Drilling technique is cool but you should spend as much time as possible rolling.

Return to “Boxing Skills, Strategy, and Training”