Kimbo Slice, tell me please

Discuss boxing techniques, strategy, drills, and preparation
cecowe

Kimbo Slice, tell me please

Postby cecowe » Mon May 09, 2016 4:19 am

Hello guys,
Im thinking about Kimbo and how he didnt break his hands while boxing bareknuckle. What is his secret excluding the juice? There is no info in the internet.

speedy

Re: Kimbo Slice, tell me please

Postby speedy » Mon May 09, 2016 3:57 pm

Luck, conditioning, didn't hit anything really hard. Are we sure he never broke his knuckles/hand?
2017 - Focusing 100% on Yoga (various kinds) and cardio. As to why, read my log.
Speedy Log

Canis Caelorum

Re: Kimbo Slice, tell me please

Postby Canis Caelorum » Mon May 09, 2016 5:54 pm

I've done a little bare knuckle boxing before. Lots of people injure their hands doing it. Google a picture of Lenny McLean's hands, most people's hands start looking like that pretty quickly, like within a year or two.

As for people not getting injured, well everyone has some different attributes etc. I have always been considered a liar when I say it, and then a freak of nature when I'd prove it, but I have for a long, long time been comfortable and able to pound on the heavy bag as hard as I can for round after round of bag work without gloves or wraps and not injure my hands or wrists - although now I am getting a little older my elbows start to get twingey if I don't warm up properly first. And I weight 245lbs so I'm not pitter-patting on the bag, it's big booming shovel hooks that send it flying, big straight lefts and what have you. That's just part of my natural attributes - but on the flipside my wrists are really inflexible and tight most of the time and my hands are misshapen scarred and ugly. I started working in bareknuckle bag work about 15 or 16 years ago as a way of checking for correct form/technique which an old school boxing coach clued me into, but then I started getting comfortable that way and ended up preferring it.

I've had boxer's fractures a bunch of times back when I was fighting MT, every time I got it was in the gloves.

YMMV.
With respect

M.O.B.F.O.E. - Money Over Bitches, Fitness Over Everything

Return to “Boxing Skills, Strategy, and Training”