on my way BACK into shape

Post your workouts
blake

on my way BACK into shape

Postby blake » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:51 am

hey people

i got never gymless in the mail last night. i am going to start slow and work my way up (pray for my dedication, consistency and persistence my brothers and sisters).

7/7/08

day 1

i did the day one (ICT workout #1) from the NG book. after round one, i had to change the exercises. round one (burpees, pull ups, squats, pushups), two through four (jump rope, pushups/pullups, squats, abs/back extensions).

amazing how a short little workout can kick your rear, and having you feeling sore the next day.
Last edited by blake on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:03 am, edited 12 times in total.
"i don't believe there is pleasure in life. i believe there is only a relief of pain. we have to suffer to be on top. i don't have pleasure training. i train in the fear that my opponent trains harder than me. but this is good, that's what keeps me sharp." -GSP

blake

Postby blake » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:19 pm

day 2

muay thai class at my martial art school. class ran 60 minutes.

i am thinking that as long as i am doing something everyday then things are going good.
"i don't believe there is pleasure in life. i believe there is only a relief of pain. we have to suffer to be on top. i don't have pleasure training. i train in the fear that my opponent trains harder than me. but this is good, that's what keeps me sharp." -GSP

blake

starting pics

Postby blake » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:05 pm

i am 6'

203 lbs.

body fat 15-21% +/-

pretty active but not in good shape at all.

i am posting these embarrassing photos (i look like a fat and not strong version of mma god fedor emelienko :D ) to show where i currently am at.

ross_idolizer

Postby ross_idolizer » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:25 pm

Everyone starts from humble beginnings. You've already taken your first step on your journey.

Welcome to Rosstraining and the forum.

“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”
CONVINCO
M/24/6'/190+/-#
"What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals."

blake

Postby blake » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:39 pm

ross_idolizer wrote:Everyone starts from humble beginnings. You've already taken your first step on your journey.

Welcome to Rosstraining and the forum.

“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”

thanks for the kind words. this forum is a good little support group and an amazing addition to ross' printed materials

blake

Postby blake » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:17 pm

Day 3

did a workout in the park today.

did ICT #1 from the NG book. i was working out with a friend and had to put something together fast. the exercises i used were the beginner ones: jump rope, pushups, bodyweight squats and chinnies.

blake

i think i found my answer

Postby blake » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:55 am

the beginner workout in never gymless is where i am gonna start. it works perfect for my current schedule. i do muay thai (60 minute class) on tues, thurs and saturday. if i add in a core workout that day, i totally satisfy that days requirement.

boo-yah. yeah, i just said "boo-yah"

blake

Postby blake » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:46 pm

muay thai class 60 minutes

blake

Postby blake » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:40 am

day 5

rest day :cry:

blake

Postby blake » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:19 pm

DAY 6

day 5 of the beginner program. i did two circuits of the exercises. i had to do the diamond pushups on my knees (i felt like he-man), but my form was not right the other way so i want to do them right.

did this workout really late in the day. 7pm-ish. that is good. got it done. definitely have to be more disciplined to do the stuff in the morning where the percentage of completion is higher.

Return to “Workout Logs”