Fatboy's chasing numbers

Post your workouts
Canis Caelorum

Fatboy's chasing numbers

Postby Canis Caelorum » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:52 pm

Decided to make a workout log, to keep me honest Now, that's funny. Scrapped my plans for the workout regimen I had been considering and had posted in the other section after sitting down and analysing my goals a little more. Basically want to focus on improving work capacity/endurance strength at this point in time. Keeping everything simple. Multiple sets of simple exercises, 60 seconds max rest time between sets.

Unimpressive performance today, but I'm coming off a bit of a layoff, too many beers and shite food (note to self: no excuses). So today I did:

2 sets of 10, and 1 set of 6 of those planche-style knuckle pushups old-school karateka and judoka coaches used to make people do. Dunno what they call them.
1 set of 10, 1 set of 7 and 1 set of 5 regular pushups.

7 sets of 10 bodyweight squats

5 sets of 7 rollouts from the knees.

So todays totals:

Pushups 48
Squats 70
Rolouots 35.

Pitiful, but a grand don't come for free.
Last edited by Canis Caelorum on Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With respect

"Do not consider who the person is you are listening to, but whatever good he says commit to memory." - St Thomas Aquinas

Canis Caelorum

Re: Fatboy's chasing numbers

Postby Canis Caelorum » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:55 pm

Thought it'd be good to list my goals as well, so here's the numbers I'm chasing for now. As long as it takes:

Current goals (for daily totals):

100 pushups/day
100 b/w bulgarian squats /day
100 rollouts/day

Mid-term goals:

250 pushups
250 b/w bulgarian squats
500 rollouts

Long-term goals:

I have them written down, but let's just see how the current and mid-term goals pan out for now as the long-term is almost certain to be subject to change based on the reality checks I have coming in the mail :mozilla_laughing:
With respect

"Do not consider who the person is you are listening to, but whatever good he says commit to memory." - St Thomas Aquinas

Canis Caelorum

Postby Canis Caelorum » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:21 pm

I had intended to do gi pullups, PB dips, and jump squats with some rollouts today but that pissant little "workout" the other day has left me with some stiff sore DOMS that seems to be peaking today, so I will postpone that workout until tomorrow. In my own experience as long as I hit it hard again as soon as the DOMS fades away it should stop coming back fairly quickly.
With respect

Canis Caelorum

Postby Canis Caelorum » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:13 am

Did 5 sets of 5 of the karate pushups. Insomnia has been flaring up a little and ended up pretty unwell over the last few days due to catching a bug. I have a basic 21 day b/w program I will start running tomorrow, though, even if I'm feeling unwell.
With respect

Canis Caelorum

Postby Canis Caelorum » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:22 pm

So, today was Day 1 of this b/w program. Today's workout was a 20 seconds on 10 seconds off bodyweight circuit with 60 seconds rest between each round. Warmed up with 2 x 1:00min jumprope at a pretty swift pace, just to quickly get the blood pumping and body warmed up nicely.

Round 1:
Pushups
Alternating reverse lunges
Outside mountain climbers
Burpees
Three times in a row = 1 round.

round 2:
Prisoner Squats
T-pushups
Squat Holds
Sprinting in place
three times in a row = 1 round

Round 3:
Burpees
X-Body Mountain Climbers
Squat Jumps
three times in a row = 1 round

I had intended to do rollouts but by about midway though round 3 I was missing reps and stop-starting, then by the end I literally sank onto the floor and my eyes just rolled up into my head. Gotta be good for ya. So I will be doing the rollouts later in the day, and post them in the log once done.

Observations so far: Did this workout just after midday on an empty stomach (didn't feel like eating this morning) and a tall cup of espresso. Felt exhausted afterwards, good sign; hopefully it will mean I sleep tonight. Once I recovered enough to get up that sweet afterglow from a good cardio pump kicked in so it must have done something. X-Body mountain climbers are problematic for me due to my sixpack having evolved into a keg some time ago... logistical nightmare. Sprinting in place I am considering swapping out for jumprope sprints in future as jumprope seems to be less awkward for me which will allow me to push harder.

Ah, well, anyway fatboy did it. I am the walrus; but I'm aiming to drop down to, like, a fur seal soon or something.
With respect

Canis Caelorum

Postby Canis Caelorum » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:35 pm

Let myself down today; as well as not ending up doing my rollouts the other day.

Today's workout was supposed to be 2 rounds of 20:10 exercises, with each exercise repeating 4 times before moving onto the next, and each round repeating twice before stopping so each round works out at 32 x 20:10

Round 1:

Squat jumps
Close grip pushups
Sit thrus
Burpees

Round 2:

Body rows
Punisher squat jumps
Reach thru pushups
Sprint inplace

But I ended up failing at the second 20:10 of reach thru pushups in the first repeat of that round and couldn't do anything more beyond that.

So what I actually did was:

Squat jumps - 4 x 20:10 (x2)
Close grip pushups 4 x 20:10 (x2)
Sit thrus 4 x 20:10 (x2)
Burpees 4 x 20:10 (x2)

1:00 rest

Body rows 4 x 20:10
Punisher squat jumps 4 x 20:10
Reach thru pushup 2 x 20:10

Failure.

I did this one on an empty stomach as well; I wonder if I had have eaten some oats earlier in the morning if that may have helped me finish the workout. Never mind.
With respect

Canis Caelorum

Postby Canis Caelorum » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:23 pm

A recurring knee injury flared back up from grappling training, so I am forced to take a step back from physical conditioning and stick with technique training and only light sparring/rolling. On the plus side I recently upped technical training to 5 days a week so at least I'm still doing something.

Hopefully updating with new workout logs in a week or so.
With respect

Canis Caelorum

Postby Canis Caelorum » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:02 pm

3 x 5 deadlift
With respect

Canis Caelorum

Postby Canis Caelorum » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Forgot I had this log.

Did a consecutive circuit train,

10 x DL
10 x Sprawl - Guard - Technical Standup
10 x DL
10 x S-G-TS
10x DL
10 x S-G-TS
5 x OHP
10 x Galvao Sitouts
5 x OHP
10 x GS
4 x OHP
10 x GS
8 x Weighted situp
5 x burpees
5 x WS
5 x burpees

Pretty lame workout, I've been going too easy on myself for the last few weeks. Time to haul ass.
With respect

Canis Caelorum

Postby Canis Caelorum » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:27 pm

Strength Endurance workout today. 40 seconds rest between sets.

15 sets of 5 Deadlifts
15 sets of 3 Standing Overhead Press
10 sets of 3 Front Squat
10 sets of 5 Ab Rollouts

I had originally planned on doing pullups, bentover rows and benchpress as well and finishing with a jumprope tabata but by the time I came to try and do the pullups I was over. Something to work towards, though, maybe next week...
With respect

Return to “Workout Logs”