Boxing Training

Post your workouts
(Insert Name Here)

Boxing Training

Postby (Insert Name Here) » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:20 am

MONDAY

Did the circuit with the class

3 rounds of:
pushing against my partner as if in the clinch locking arms (im not sure how long each time) 15 leg lifts with the partner pushing them down or to the side

1 round sparring
1 round clinch sparring
1 round sparring

I hate that we do the circuits n such first cuz im dead tired after but its not like my bitching is gonna change the class so I'll just have to get back in shape cuz i look like shit in sparring cuz im waaasted haha. Ill focus on endurance for my shoulders and legs as well as some cardio.

Anything clinch wears me riiight out
PB's:
100 Burpees: 5:35
1.5 Miles: 7:58
Deadlift: 375lbs @ 165lbs
Bench: 235 @ 165lbs
Squat: 245 @ 165lbs

"Don't think 'do', be doing..."
"Do what you love"

dzab

Re: Boxing Training

Postby dzab » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:29 am

Circuits won't get easier if you continue to push yourself, but recoverability will improve.

We used to do circuits and bag work before sparring - hated it but then on the days we did sparring only, felt so much better!

(Insert Name Here)

Re: Boxing Training

Postby (Insert Name Here) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:21 am

dzab wrote:Circuits won't get easier if you continue to push yourself, but recoverability will improve.

We used to do circuits and bag work before sparring - hated it but then on the days we did sparring only, felt so much better!

Yeah, its a class though so I dont think sparring will ever be first, unless they get together on other days. Ill have to wait n see. I hope so though.

WEDNESDAY

2 rounds of tabata punches with resistance bands
1 minute between tabatas

2 rounds of shoulder conditioning without weight
1 minute between rounds

Ill add a bit of weight next time to the shoulder conditioning, It burned but not enough. The tabatas were good though for my shoulders, the first tabata was good for cardio until the very end then I wasnt going fast enough. Ill keep doing them and theyll keep getting better for cardio.
PB's:
100 Burpees: 5:35
1.5 Miles: 7:58
Deadlift: 375lbs @ 165lbs
Bench: 235 @ 165lbs
Squat: 245 @ 165lbs

"Don't think 'do', be doing..."
"Do what you love"

Return to “Workout Logs”