Milk

Discuss nutrition and supplementation
Snaplight

Milk

Postby Snaplight » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:23 am

What are guys views on using MILK as a daily supplemental source of Calorie and Protein ??

I've seen over the years various people decry it for its Lactose content but to me cost , its ubiquitous accessability , Protein , Calorie content and ease of Consumption make it something worth revisiting if additional Daily Calories and Protein are sought.

Just wondering how peoples experience here vary , does it make you bloated? if so did you find any remedys - does it make you full of mucus or is this mostly bad press.

Interested to hear what people have experienced.

Alph

Re: Milk

Postby Alph » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:24 pm

Depends on type of milk. I still see people recommending GOMAD to skinny teenagers in highschool. (Gallon of Milk a Day).

I'd argue that if you are looking at cost, accessibility, protein then you might as well just get chicken unless you have some particular reason to drink your calories.

That being said. I use milk in my protein shake to this day. I spent about 16 months off of it, and didn't notice any particular difference. (I find the mucus aspect to be baloney, but thats just my experience with it.)

Bloated, I probably don't intake enough to really notice. All in all, I would just stay away from chugging the stuff, but im a fan of moderation in all things and see nothing wrong with milk.

P.S. Goat milk is delicious and I get it from a local farmer.
Dreams without goals are destined to remain dreams.

da pm1200

Postby da pm1200 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:35 pm

I've never had an issue with Milk. I have been using less and less nowadays as my diet is mostly Keto based. Most days I use heavy cream in my coffee and mix of heavy cream and unsweetened almond milk for protein shakes.

lvlatthew

Postby lvlatthew » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:44 am

I personally really very rarely drink milk. But with all the different types out. I'm curious to drink it again if it won't make me fatty. Muscle milk has caught my eye as well as goat milk in a can. Any recommendations?

Return to “Nutrition and Supplementation”