Garlic

Discuss nutrition and supplementation
Snaplight

Garlic

Postby Snaplight » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:11 am

Tim Ferris in his 4 hour body book , which has some interesting articles within it , make mention of the utilization of heavy amounts of Garlic being useful for fat loss.

Anyone used or experienced any positive side benefits of using large amounts of Garlic?

Arkann

Re: Garlic

Postby Arkann » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:54 am

Garlic is part my everyday (almost) nutrition. Meaning cooking with it..

Interestingly enough, I noticed that it was part of immune system boost vitamins that I took at some point.

Avraham

Postby Avraham » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:48 am

GarIic has a number of benefits. I haven't read the book you mentioned but have done my own research.

As you may know, garIic's key active ingredient is Allicin. Allicin is produced when garlic is damaged. The more damaged, the more Allicin is produced. Therefore, crushing/smashing garlic has shown to produce the most Allicin. When heated, Allicin is either destroyed or the quality reduced. There, raw garlic, crushed, is best.

A study done - that I can find later if you request or Google it yourself - shown that x amounts of garlic's active ingredient, Allicin, and x amounts of Vitamin C taken at the same time have a significant effect on increasing testosterone. As we know, increased testosterone has a significant effect of fat in the body - whether it contributes to decreasing fatty tissue already in the body or it reduces the accumulation of new fatty tissue.

How much is x amounts? I wiII have to find the study and get back to you. It wasn't huge.

In fact, huge amounts of garlic have shown to have unwanted side effects such as headaches, increased blood pressure, indigestion, etc. So be wise about it.

Finally, garIic - more so Allicin - has a very positive effect on the body's immune system before and during illness.
If you see me coming for you, be at peace - the struggle of life will soon be over for you.

elmatador

Postby elmatador » Sat May 26, 2018 11:32 am

Try eating some raw and test it. It made me rush to the toilet Now, that's funny.

Carol

Postby Carol » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:19 am

The use of such a huge amount of garlic, and even before eating, will greatly increase the acidic background in your stomach and when combined with fresh food can cause gastritis, and in some cases even ulcer.
And to people suffering from kidney, stomach and pancreas diseases, this diet is generally contraindicated. If you try to compensate for excess gastric acid with fatty foods, then you simply will not lose weight.
And remember that garlic is a powerful diuretic, so the use of this product in large quantities leads to diseases of the genitourinary system.

Return to “Nutrition and Supplementation”