Intermittent Fasting

Discuss nutrition and supplementation
pathfighter

Re: Intermittent Fasting

Postby pathfighter » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:24 pm

Arkann wrote:
pathfighter wrote:
Jesse wrote:Now, I'm seriously curious. Pathfighter...what do you do for a living. I'm guessing I probably have you beat for pure weirdness. Paladin is my witness.

I'm a scientist, and a travel a lot. I work between on the ground data collection up to high level policy stuff. It's hella fun but stressful. Hence the poor sleep, I guess.

From the bits and pieces I've seen, you certainly do seem to have me beat on weirdness. What is it you do?

That sounds interesting and respectful. As for job related stress.. have you ever considered meditation? It helps me a lot. Mind is powerful.

Thanks, brother. I have tried sitting meditation but didn't get my brain to turn off. My meditation is through trail running and outdoor adventure. In a risky enough situation my mind must focus on the task and I stop ruminating. Long runs can act as wonderful hours long meditations.
jimlang wrote: Bunch a burpee lovin' dorks...

Arkann

Postby Arkann » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:51 pm

pathfighter wrote:
I'm a scientist, and a travel a lot. I work between on the ground data collection up to high level policy stuff. It's hella fun but stressful. Hence the poor sleep, I guess.

From the bits and pieces I've seen, you certainly do seem to have me beat on weirdness. What is it you do?

That sounds interesting and respectful. As for job related stress.. have you ever considered meditation? It helps me a lot. Mind is powerful.

Thanks, brother. I have tried sitting meditation but didn't get my brain to turn off. My meditation is through trail running and outdoor adventure. In a risky enough situation my mind must focus on the task and I stop ruminating. Long runs can act as wonderful hours long meditations.

I also find that LISS is brain calmer. I’d guess it is related to some brain chemistry stuff but I feel happy with long runs. They call it cardio junkies :mozilla_smile:

pathfighter

Postby pathfighter » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:23 pm

Arkann wrote:
pathfighter wrote:

I also find that LISS is brain calmer. I’d guess it is related to some brain chemistry stuff but I feel happy with long runs. They call it cardio junkies :mozilla_smile:

It's a bit different for me. Long road runs where the route is safe and predictable and the run consists of just putting one foot in front of the other are not meditative at all. In fact, quite the opposite because the unoccupied time leads me to ruminate. A five hour run through a new mountain loop, on the other hand, where I have to focus on every footfall and navigate carefully-- that is what I find meditative.

Snaplight

Postby Snaplight » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:47 am

Pathfighter - Do you listen to Music when you run?

pathfighter

Postby pathfighter » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:08 am

Snaplight wrote:Pathfighter - Do you listen to Music when you run?

Never. Too dangerous.

Snaplight

Postby Snaplight » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:19 am

pathfighter wrote:

Never. Too dangerous.

Is that because its a dangerous neignbourhood so you need to keep your situational awareness? Or you mean too dangerous to wear whilst running regardng traffic?

pathfighter

Postby pathfighter » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:13 am

Snaplight wrote:
pathfighter wrote:

Never. Too dangerous.

Is that because its a dangerous neignbourhood so you need to keep your situational awareness? Or you mean too dangerous to wear whilst running regardng traffic?

Cars and cyclists, mostly. Gotta know what's going on around me.

Avraham

Postby Avraham » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:01 am

I Iove IF! Ever since starting it I have feIt a ton better than my former sIuggish seIf.

I eat between 12pm-8pm. I start each feeding period by eating Iight at Iunchtime and eating heavier meaIs towards the end of it.

During th fast I onIy consume water, tea, or bIack coffee.
If you see me coming for you, be at peace - the struggle of life will soon be over for you.

pathfighter

Postby pathfighter » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:20 am

Avraham wrote:I Iove IF! Ever since starting it I have feIt a ton better than my former sIuggish seIf.

I eat between 12pm-8pm. I start each feeding period by eating Iight at Iunchtime and eating heavier meaIs towards the end of it.

During th fast I onIy consume water, tea, or bIack coffee.

Cool. How long have you been on IF? What kind of improvements have you seen?

Jesse

Postby Jesse » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:16 am

Here's the point of IF for me. I have to burn more than I take in so that I can lose some of this stupid fat that happens when I do my job and everyone feeds me too much. It's seriously hard for me (mentally :mozilla_wink: ) to not eat with people. My only option is to eat drastically less on other days. What I like about IF is I can gut out not eating for hours at a time knowing I can eat and feel full that night (I eat betwen 5 pm and 8 pm and average about 600-700 calories during that time). IF makes me feel good. IF let's me do my job and spend time with people without looking standoffish. IF let's me eat good stuff some and healthy stuff the rest of the time without stressing too much about exactly what stuff it is.

Oh yeah...and I'm down 18 lbs.

Return to “Nutrition and Supplementation”