Keep It Simple

Discuss nutrition and supplementation
speedy

Keep It Simple

Postby speedy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:55 am

Guys I need to change my diet and keep it simple and understand I am not a cook.

Plan and open to change but I want it simple:

-Breakfast - oatmeal, blackberries, 1 hard-boiled egg. During the day have hummus, and fruits available.

-Lunch - will vary but a lot of brown rice with chicken and maybe a side yummy vegetable just to make it more appealing which I am thinking plum tomatoes. I will need a lot of hot sauce on the rice. Is that bad? Also not sure if Trader Joes is only a CT thing, but planning to go there for salads and other options.

-Dinners will vary. I would like to start eating fish especially salmon but not sure how to cook it; hell I don't really know how to cook anything.

Input will be much appreciated.
Dr Sara Salomon <---more than just a pretty face. She is smart and has a lot of insight and yes I admit it, easy on the eyes. :mozilla_cool:

JHmuaythai

Re: Keep It Simple

Postby JHmuaythai » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:46 am

I wouldn't say I can't cook but more along the lines I don't have the time or money for fancy meals.

I do find that simple is key and one of my go to meals is sweat potato (mash/roast/cubed etc) with a meat of choice and some veg of choice. simple and cheap and I find the sweet potato gives the meal some flavour and is not bland. then I will add to it a sauce or rub to the meet (but not always).

Fish, I like a simple tuna mayo (with sweet corn) pasta! cheap easy, no cooking (well accept boiling pasta) and taste good

Salmon? I usually would have with scrambled or poached egg on toast. or cream cheese on bagel.

Arkann

Postby Arkann » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:06 am

I too like to keep it simple and I eat homemade food for 90% of my food.

Breakfast - oats, cottage cheese, yogurt or eggs. Depends if it is training day or rest day. Coffee!
Morning snack - fruit
Lunch (small portion) - Some protein (like chicken breast or tuna), some carbs (like potato or rice), some veggies (like broccoli). All of it can be boiled for simplicity.
Afternoon snack - coffee and some sort of sweet cookie.
Dinner - (large portion) - Protein (meat of fish), large veggie salad with olive oil. Piece of bread. Protein can be pan fried or grilled.

I usually have couple of cheat days every month when I go all the way for junk food and ice creams.

speedy

Postby speedy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:59 am

Thanks guys.

JHmuaythai
Salmon? I usually would have with scrambled or poached egg on toast. or cream cheese on bagel.

Reading this I get the impression you are talking about those salmon packages that people usually eat with breakfast? I was thinking of cooked salmon but the package stuff makes sense and sounds easy. Please confirm.
Dr Sara Salomon <---more than just a pretty face. She is smart and has a lot of insight and yes I admit it, easy on the eyes. :mozilla_cool:

JHmuaythai

Postby JHmuaythai » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:25 am

speedy wrote:Thanks guys.

JHmuaythai

Reading this I get the impression you are talking about those salmon packages that people usually eat with breakfast? I was thinking of cooked salmon but the package stuff makes sense and sounds easy. Please confirm.

Well I often have fresh salmon for dinner/tea. however, for breakfast, yes I would use smoked salmon out of the flat/foil packages in the chilled isle at a said superstore, just makes for a very easy and convenient breakfast. plus I prefer salmon smoked and not cooked the majority of the time

AditiCorp

Postby AditiCorp » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:02 am

Your diet plan is really good. You can add banana to your diet in the morning.

snafu84

Postby snafu84 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:35 am

Throw in some fruits, here and there, at least I would. Raisins in my grits in the AM really are good. Maybe a hand fruit somewhere throughout the day. My diet is basically the same, but I eat a bit more protein for snacks/breakfast, as I'm purely a "fitness" person who focuses on strength. On the raisins, I like them because they're awesome sources for dietary boron. Boron's good stuff.

The fish, it's easiest to cook it on a sheet in the oven with some seasoned salt and squeezes of lemon after a light coat of oil of choice. 10 minutes ought to cook any filet you got at 425 degrees. The last minute or two, you can set it to broil to get a nice sear on the meat for visual appeal/a bit of crispiness at the top/edge.

leorichard069

Postby leorichard069 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:50 am

looks good to me, i just want to know that are you using any medicines along as well ?

Return to “Nutrition and Supplementation”