Reducing weight and lose body fat

Discuss nutrition and supplementation
Pandinus

Reducing weight and lose body fat

Postby Pandinus » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:42 pm

Hey guys my name is Sebastian, I am 31 years old.
I started with body weight at the end of the last year with the goal to reduce my weight. I managed to train for 3 month and reduced my weight from 135kg to 112kg. During this time I mostly ate vegetables like carrots and paprika and some fruits mostly bananas and only in the evening some normal warm food. Additionally I used the beginner schedule of never gymless and trained 6 days a week. I felt so much more a life an full of energy.
Until now I have gained weight up to 120kg again and want to start again to reduce my weigth and this time I want to reach my final goal of 75-80kg, lose body fat, gain strength and get fit. The first time I started I reduced my weight yeah, but I don’t think my nutrition was that healthy only eating a small amount of vegetables and fruits. I felt that my maximum strength level was reached very fast and that I don’t gained more strength after it. I tried to inform myself but there are so many informations that are telling you so many different things. Do you guys know some good sources and/or literature of functioning nutrition for body fat and weight loss? I am tired of being fat. I have the willpower and know that the nutrition is decisively.

pathfighter

Re: Reducing weight and lose body fat

Postby pathfighter » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:18 pm

Pandinus wrote:Hey guys my name is Sebastian, I am 31 years old.
I started with body weight at the end of the last year with the goal to reduce my weight. I managed to train for 3 month and reduced my weight from 135kg to 112kg. During this time I mostly ate vegetables like carrots and paprika and some fruits mostly bananas and only in the evening some normal warm food. Additionally I used the beginner schedule of never gymless and trained 6 days a week. I felt so much more a life an full of energy.
Until now I have gained weight up to 120kg again and want to start again to reduce my weigth and this time I want to reach my final goal of 75-80kg, lose body fat, gain strength and get fit. The first time I started I reduced my weight yeah, but I don’t think my nutrition was that healthy only eating a small amount of vegetables and fruits. I felt that my maximum strength level was reached very fast and that I don’t gained more strength after it. I tried to inform myself but there are so many informations that are telling you so many different things. Do you guys know some good sources and/or literature of functioning nutrition for body fat and weight loss? I am tired of being fat. I have the willpower and know that the nutrition is decisively.

There are two things you need to do to control your weight: eat less, and move more. I've lost 55 lbs over the past four years, and have kept them off for the past two years with no signs of gaining again. Here is what I did:

I follow the "no s diet". No S, means no Sweets, no Second Servings and no Snacks, except on Saturday and Sunday. Furthermore, I don't eat seed oils, because they make me feel like shit. So no vegetable oil, canola oil, tahini, etc. Also, I don't drink sugary drinks, and I don't drink diet soda. Even artificial sweeteners in diet soda can make you fat because your body responds as if it were really sugar, causing an insulin dump and sugar disregulation. OK, got it? No S, no seed oil and no sugary drinks or diet soda.

Next, you need to move more. Never gymless is fine and all, but it's meant to be done on top of a boxing or fight training regimen. By itself, high-intensity interval training burns a pathetic amount of calories. The best thing you can do is run. Don't run fast, run slowly. Look up zone training. Run in Zone 1. Do as much as you can each week.

The advantage of Zone 1 running is that it won't put a lot of wear and tear on your body, will allow you do run much further, thereby burning more calories. Also it burns fat preferentially. As an added benefit, it trains your aerobic system, building the basis for faster running in the future, shoudl you choose to go that route.

Eat less, move more. No secrets. Now go do it.
jimlang wrote: Bunch a burpee lovin' dorks...

TheLaw

Re: Reducing weight and lose body fat

Postby TheLaw » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:23 pm

pathfighter wrote:
Pandinus wrote:Hey guys my name is Sebastian, I am 31 years old.

There are two things you need to do to control your weight: eat less, and move more. I've lost 55 lbs over the past four years, and have kept them off for the past two years with no signs of gaining again. Here is what I did:

I follow the "no s diet". No S, means no Sweets, no Second Servings and no Snacks, except on Saturday and Sunday. Furthermore, I don't eat seed oils, because they make me feel like shit. So no vegetable oil, canola oil, tahini, etc. Also, I don't drink sugary drinks, and I don't drink diet soda. Even artificial sweeteners in diet soda can make you fat because your body responds as if it were really sugar, causing an insulin dump and sugar disregulation. OK, got it? No S, no seed oil and no sugary drinks or diet soda.

Next, you need to move more. Never gymless is fine and all, but it's meant to be done on top of a boxing or fight training regimen. By itself, high-intensity interval training burns a pathetic amount of calories. The best thing you can do is run. Don't run fast, run slowly. Look up zone training. Run in Zone 1. Do as much as you can each week.

The advantage of Zone 1 running is that it won't put a lot of wear and tear on your body, will allow you do run much further, thereby burning more calories. Also it burns fat preferentially. As an added benefit, it trains your aerobic system, building the basis for faster running in the future, shoudl you choose to go that route.

Eat less, move more. No secrets. Now go do it.

Eat less move more is good advice, follow it.

Brian Tracy has this thing about avoiding the three white poisons - white salt, sugar and flour. A fair idea too that.

Return to “Nutrition and Supplementation”