Where to Buy Whey Powder? (usa)

Discuss nutrition and supplementation
zhorner

Where to Buy Whey Powder? (usa)

Postby zhorner » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:24 pm

supplement warehouse is dead to me, just to get that out of the whey :dance:

I was ordering 10 lb bags of now unflavored whey isolate from SW.com but looking for other options. I am happy enough with the product but wondering if there was a less expensive option out there.

I use 1 scoop (25g) per day added to a smoothie:
- 1/2c kefir or fage
- 1/2c simply apple juice
- 2c raw spinach
- 1/4c raw broccoli
- 1/2c frozen blueberries
- 1/2c frozen strawberries
- 2 raw eggs
- a few raw walnuts
- 1 scoop whey

Hardcase

Re: Where to Buy Whey Powder? (usa)

Postby Hardcase » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:46 pm

Save your money and buy something useful with it. Whey protein is a waste of money and you don't need it.

zhorner

Postby zhorner » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:12 am

Thank you for your complete lack of help. I still wasted money on something I didn't need. Instead of offering real advice you basically said "you are dumb for consuming protein powder" with absolutely no idea of my situation or nutritional requirements. Its obvious from the recipe I posted that I don't just rely on powders for everything but they can be useful at times.

With "advice" like that from such a prominent member its no wonder this forum is completely dead.

Hardcase

Postby Hardcase » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:37 am

zhorner wrote:Thank you for your complete lack of help. I still wasted money on something I didn't need. Instead of offering real advice you basically said "you are dumb for consuming protein powder" with absolutely no idea of my situation or nutritional requirements. Its obvious from the recipe I posted that I don't just rely on powders for everything but they can be useful at times.

With "advice" like that from such a prominent member its no wonder this forum is completely dead.

I don't know mate, i think it was pretty constructive advice. Sorry, but i don't like to hear of anyone wasting their cash these days.

C Adams

Postby C Adams » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:36 pm

Hardcase wrote:
zhorner wrote:Thank you for your complete lack of help. I still wasted money on something I didn't need. Instead of offering real advice you basically said "you are dumb for consuming protein powder" with absolutely no idea of my situation or nutritional requirements. Its obvious from the recipe I posted that I don't just rely on powders for everything but they can be useful at times.

I don't know mate, i think it was pretty constructive advice. Sorry, but i don't like to hear of anyone wasting their cash these days.

What's wrong with protein shakes? They can be useful at times, especially for someone who needs a lot of calories and protein. Plus it's cheap and convenient.

Alph

Postby Alph » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:30 pm

Outside of the is protein powder worth it discussion, I'll answer the original question.

This applies for any and all supplements, find a deal aggregate site such as slickdeals.net and just watch it. You will see just about every supplement from every brand known to earth pass through that site at some point. I've seen ON, GNC brand protein, MYO, and many others. Be patient, wait for a deal to come by, and then just buy yourself enough to last a while.
Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination.... Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. - Jim Jarmusch

Hardcase

Postby Hardcase » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:26 pm

C Adams wrote:What's wrong with protein shakes? They can be useful at times, especially for someone who needs a lot of calories and protein. Plus it's cheap and convenient.

Don't need them if you have a diet that has protein in it. This over the top protein thing is nonsense. Companies that market supplements like to peddle this garbage so that gullible people think they have to invest in supplementation to improve. It's a load of bollocks.

C Adams

Postby C Adams » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:38 am

Hardcase wrote:
C Adams wrote:What's wrong with protein shakes? They can be useful at times, especially for someone who needs a lot of calories and protein. Plus it's cheap and convenient.

Don't need them if you have a diet that has protein in it. This over the top protein thing is nonsense. Companies that market supplements like to peddle this garbage so that gullible people think they have to invest in supplementation to improve. It's a load of bollocks.

No one says you need them, just like you don't any certain food. However, they can be useful, cheap and very convenient.

You seem to assume people buy them because we fell for lies from companies about how much protein we need. Not everyone is that stupid. I haven't had a protein shake in over a month but I will have one on busy days where I haven't been able to eat as much as I would like. It's good quality protein, just because you don't need them doesn't mean they can't be useful for other people.
Last edited by C Adams on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hardcase

Postby Hardcase » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:53 am

C Adams wrote:I haven't had a protein shake in over a month

Your answer in one short sentence. Nothing else needs to be said. They're a waste of money. Get real food into you that's all you need.

C Adams

Postby C Adams » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:18 am

Hardcase wrote:
C Adams wrote:I haven't had a protein shake in over a month

Your answer in one short sentence. Nothing else needs to be said. They're a waste of money. Get real food into you that's all you need.

You're just being silly and trolling now.

Just because I haven't used it in the past month doesn't mean anything. I've used them in that past and will in the future. I have a 5kg of it next to me now. It's just a supplement to be used when needed. it's not a waste of money at all, in fact it's great value for money.

I eat 5000 calories a day and trying to increase that to 5500 calories a day. Liquid calories can be very useful.

As for the OP. I live in the UK so can't help. Honestly, there are better places to ask than here. This forum is hardly used these days.

Return to “Nutrition and Supplementation”