Omega 3 6 9

Discuss nutrition and supplementation
vaishanavi

Re: Omega 3 6 9

Postby vaishanavi » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:11 am

Six Pack Nutrition Bulk is the one of the best supplement.It is used good for health. Buy [url]htt[img][http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&f=3&p=952860#/img]p://www.bodymart.in/products/supplements/six-pack-nutrition-bulk.html[/url]

vaishanavi

Postby vaishanavi » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:59 am

TheLaw wrote:I've not heard of this before - what is the source of evidence for this?

http://www.massbuildingsupplement.in/products/ultimate-nutrition-omega-3.html

Alph

Postby Alph » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:27 pm

This thread brought back memories. My mom made me take fish oil growing up and it always gave me the fish burps (which she said was naturally and not to worry about). Later in life when I had some money and went into "I need to spend money to buy best of the best supplements hurp-a-derp"-mode (News flash, I wasted a lot of money) I bought some high end certified Alaskan cold press fish-oil. Zero-burps. Now I just go to the local fish mart and buy fish.

The supplement industry as most people know is poorly regulated as-is, and my general advice is to stay away from anything in pill form that can go rancid/spoil and any sort of liquid pills. I've seen way to many crates of pill bottles sitting next to a heater in the back of GNC and other places. If changing temperatures can ruin it, odds are it's probably ruined unless your paying a premium.

As far as 3-6-9 balance I'll leave that to people who know more then myself. I wouldn't put too much thought into specific ratios though. Spend the time and effort finding a local fishery or farmers market and enjoy some good eating + the benefits of the oil. Crappie is a personal favorite of mine here in the Midwest.
Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination.... Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. - Jim Jarmusch

TheLaw

Postby TheLaw » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:27 pm

I've read recently that 6 and 9 aren't really needed in a supplement as a balanced diet should contain them, and you are
only looking at gaining weight really by supplementing with them as well. As a result, I am just using 3 for the time being.
Anyone any thoughts on that idea?

nielsjorgensen

Postby nielsjorgensen » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:48 am

Agreed. You will be much better of going with eating real fish. There is limited evidence for the efficacy on fish oil supplementation. Also buying omega 3s with omega 6 and 9 is not ideal, since they are essentially "competing" with the same enzymatic metabolism pathways. Which means that if you overdose with omega 6 or 9 you will "use up" enzymes available for the omega 3s.

So: eat fish :-).

Return to “Nutrition and Supplementation”