Recipe Idea (Please respond)

Discuss nutrition and supplementation
pocketmonkey

Re: Recipe Idea (Please respond)

Postby pocketmonkey » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:52 am

[quote="Ross Enamait"]Would anyone have interest in a large PDF file of recipes? Perhaps everyone could contribute a recipe (similar to the recipe sticky), and we could then upload it as a free PDF for everyone's convenience. We could create categories such as breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, etc.

Yea, that sounds nice. I was a chef just a few years back too. And I am always interested in nutrition. By the way Never Gymless was an eye opener for me concerning your nutrition tips. Like chickens aren't vegetarians...Cows don't eat grains etc...
Ever since I have looked more into these things and even found out they put bleach in our milk. But this is a completely unverified statement. In any case am more aware of how and what to choose at the supermarket now, thanks to you.
Now talking about that, I agree that we should be eating as natural as possible, and in what concerns me I don't believe in the power of Vitamins bought on the shelf. For it has never been proven that the body actually does absorb them. But what about these Superfoods. I was wondering specifically about Spirulina from Synergy Natural. It's a seaweed based powder and seems to be a miraculous protein. Is that any good?

KeysiNinja

Postby KeysiNinja » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:14 am

Love the idea and congratulations. An idea i had was recipes for post workout meals for the non-supplement group.

Joe Bloggs

Postby Joe Bloggs » Sun May 15, 2011 7:32 pm

is this available to down load yet?

Bagman

Postby Bagman » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:28 am

Protein trifle

This is a lose based recipe and can be adjusted according to your needs.

Equipment 1 tall container.

Fill the bottom with broken nuts ,I Used pecan and walnut.
Next add 1 1/2 scoops of protein powder.
Next add a genourous serving of frozen berries.
Here add more nuts if required
Then add a layer of cocao powder
And top with a small amount of honey.
A small amount of milk can be added.
Shake to give it a good mix and then....

Allow the berries to defrost and the juices will combine with the cocoa powder and protein to give a cake like ffel to the fruit mixture.

Ground almonds can also be used.

This is awesome and just needs experimenting and fine tuning accoriding to your tastes

ladygaga627

Postby ladygaga627 » Fri May 18, 2012 5:45 pm

I really like this topic,and want to learn something of it.Thanks.

iwonbigbro

Postby iwonbigbro » Mon May 21, 2012 12:28 am

I don't profess to be an expert on food or what you should eat, but I just thought that some of you may like to see this lunch-time recipe idea; common place in my weekday lunch schedule. This type of thing really works for me. But like most things, what works for me, may not work for you, but I invite you to try it. You can modify it to your own taste and calorie requirements. I am intermittently fasting and have been for a couple of years now. It's likely I will continue that way for the foreseeable future, but this is why the portion size may appear to be quite excessive; this meal in particular, is a fast breaking meal.

I have created a blog entry with pictures.

http://iwonbigbro-training.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/food-post-workout-lunch.html

iwonbigbro

Postby iwonbigbro » Mon May 21, 2012 12:33 am

Oh, I also made a video with a recipe for lambs liver, bacon and onion if anyone is interested in that.

njb

Postby njb » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:34 pm

sounds awesome,

here's a kale shake

Picture
OK, this one I have every day without fail for breakfast. It’s loaded with vitamins, fibre, anti-oxidants, protein and you can be very creative with it – if you’re closing in on a competition and are very sensitive to carbohydrate it’s easy to reduce the carb content.

Ingredients:

Greens: Kale and celery

Fruits: Anything really, just be careful not to overload the amount of sugar (you want to be hungry again in 3 hours, if you’re still full – reduce the amount of fruit you use). I prefer to buy bags of frozen berries (because they are cheaper than fresh).

Liquids: fruit juice, water and/or natural yoghurt (or a combination, again gauge how full you are, you need to be eating again in 3 hours so don’t overdo the fruit juice or yoghurt). As I approach competition time and want to get really lean I will taper down the amount of sugar from fruit, fruit juice and yoghurt and replace with oats instead.

Protein: You can use raw eggs (4-6 eggs, with only one yolk), I prefer to use unflavoured blended protein powder as it’s just so easy. You can find it in the store area under protein.

Other bits: Ginger (great for digestion, optional), Garlic (again the same), oats (or fine oat powder, adds complex carbohydrates, great idea if you’re sensitive to sugar or diabetic).

Method:
Chuck everything in a blender and press the “on” button. Tip: If you find that nothing is blending and the blades seem to just be spinning; add more water.

video is at the bottom of the page http://www.jamesborne.net/breakfast.html

TheBOO

Postby TheBOO » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:15 am

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=VuW3RfWJ1H0
Jack lalanne has some good recipes

njb

Postby njb » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:44 am

has this taken flight yet?

Return to “Nutrition and Supplementation”