Recipe Idea (Please respond)

Discuss nutrition and supplementation
harley

Postby harley » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:27 pm

great idea. I would just like to suggest to have an image of the finished recipe to have a better look at it. :)

peterinurhead

Postby peterinurhead » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:06 pm

Heres one class post-workout shake. Called Chocolate Banana – blend together *1 cup water,
*½ cup skim milk,
*one and a half frozen bananas,
*2 tbsp organic maple syrup
*30 grams chocolate whey protein powder
= 38 g prot, 72 g carb, 0.5 g fat, 440 calories.
The beauty of post-workout food, is its the one time of day you can indulge your sweet tooth, because your muscles need that for quick re-cooperation. :twisted:

mrallen1971

Re: Recipe Idea (Please respond)

Postby mrallen1971 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:01 am

This is a great idea!!!! have y'all done it yet? I'll contribute what little I have.
"I may not get to heaven but I'm sure I won't go to hell.
The devil hates competition!" :) - Me

peterinurhead

Postby peterinurhead » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:03 am

Ye i have, and theres been class results :mozilla_cool: but im not the richest of lads nd my proteins ran out so that sux arse, :violin: but iv found a cheap solution in the form of skimmed milk, :angelic-green: its not as tasty or as effective as EAS whey, but its still pretty class for the price im paying. :clap:
You should definitely try that recipie if you have some protein for it, of coures if you dont, replace it with skimmed milk like me :mozilla_cool:

Savaté_MMA58

Postby Savaté_MMA58 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:12 am

so what are we doing here again? some kind of a cook book? what are we f :mozilla_innocent: cking chefs? Now, that's funny jus kidin..but someone had to say it. :mozilla_laughing:
Name: Bader "The People's Warrior" Shehab
Height / Weight: 5'10 / 169lbs
Styles: Muay Thai / Savaté / San Shou /
Training Log | Facebook

Pukeass

Postby Pukeass » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:17 am

It would be cool if someone could take the time and run down bulking recipes, cutting recipes, and just general recipes, cool idea.. Also about the copyrighting since it's a free book you should be able to have a distributing Cright on it, right? Like someone can't just turn it around and sell it?
"Do Your Worst, For I Shall Do Mine"

peterinurhead

Postby peterinurhead » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:34 pm

K dude hu sed the "someone had to say it" comment, ur an idiot, 80% of training nd weight loss is is the diet! sooo,.... wahh! :mozilla_laughing: :dance:
Dude just above my comment, cul idea, but wats wiv d whole guru thig? :confusion-scratchheadblue: :think: :mozilla_laughing: oh btw people, i just found out sumthing massive! approx 70-80% of d irish population (dats my lot for those of u hu dont no wexford is in ireland) are unable geneticaly 2 process carb's in their body! like 205 of d carb food say pasta for example, goes as energy, bu the other 80%! is stored as fat! :mozilla_surprised: and i am unfortunate enuf to b 1 of those, sux ano, but i do av a solution, came up wiv by my gym trainer, hu is a tot legend! :angelic-green: keep it 2 proteins vegies nd fruit, ano dat snd lik d atkins, but it isnt, is way healthier, bcuz am on omega 3 fish oils 3x a day, wich givs my body good fats 2 combat cholesterol nd blood pressure! :dance: :clap:

Savaté_MMA58

Postby Savaté_MMA58 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:22 am

peterinurhead wrote:K dude hu sed the "someone had to say it" comment, ur an idiot, 80% of training nd weight loss is is the diet! sooo,.... wahh! :mozilla_laughing: :dance:
Dude just above my comment, cul idea, but wats wiv d whole guru thig? :confusion-scratchheadblue: :think: :mozilla_laughing: oh btw people, i just found out sumthing massive! approx 70-80% of d irish population (dats my lot for those of u hu dont no wexford is in ireland) are unable geneticaly 2 process carb's in their body! like 205 of d carb food say pasta for example, goes as energy, bu the other 80%! is stored as fat! :mozilla_surprised: and i am unfortunate enuf to b 1 of those, sux ano, but i do av a solution, came up wiv by my gym trainer, hu is a tot legend! :angelic-green: keep it 2 proteins vegies nd fruit, ano dat snd lik d atkins, but it isnt, is way healthier, bcuz am on omega 3 fish oils 3x a day, wich givs my body good fats 2 combat cholesterol nd blood pressure! :dance: :clap:

yeeh tatz cul idee eh? ano tat diet is alot about ta traanin eh? no seriuosly I don't like bieng called idiot, mind your language
Name: Bader "The People's Warrior" Shehab
Height / Weight: 5'10 / 169lbs
Styles: Muay Thai / Savaté / San Shou /
Training Log | Facebook

peterinurhead

Postby peterinurhead » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:10 pm

Aw bless did i ofend u? :mozilla_tongue: :violin: ~Now, that's funny~
I was simply pointing out ist stupid to say something like that when 80% of weightloss is in diet, like getting the right fuel for a car, so a cookbook for athletes would be a feckin brilliant idea! :mozilla_money:

jennifer

Postby jennifer » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:57 pm

peterinurhead wrote:Aw bless did i ofend u? :mozilla_tongue: :violin: ~Now, that's funny~

hey peter, you think its a good idea to insult an established and respected board member on your 6th post here? its one thing to disagree, its another thing to call someone stupid and an idiot. savate is a good guy and you should check his training log before calling him out on his knowledge. he's only 17 years old and knows a LOT and works VERY hard. you've misjudged him and misinterpreted his post. maybe take a moment and chill the fuck out.

that said, i think its super interesting what you said about the irish and grains. i'm 1/2 irish, and i have found that i do much better on a diet that excludes/greatly limits grain consumption -- weight loss, better skin, better energy, etc.

Return to “Nutrition and Supplementation”