Discuss nutrition and supplementation
iwonbigbro

Re: Recipe Sticky

Postby iwonbigbro » Tue May 29, 2012 5:24 pm

Fit4Fight

Postby Fit4Fight » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:08 am

Video-Tutorial for homemade protein bars:
MacCharles wrote:when you can cut and paste Siff and Verkohansky excerpts and force = mass x acceleration jibberish but can't decide how many sets and reps you should do in the gym, something has gone wrong somewhere.

fabgirl

Postby fabgirl » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:52 am

:violin:
I love these sticky foods, especially unagi. I like unagi any time, not just for natsubame. Natto and okra are very good together. Both are "neba neba" foods. Okra is considered a Southern American food, and I grew up in the urban North. I had not eaten it before I went to Japan and had it together with natto, in Kyoto of all places! :dance:

RosettaWood

Postby RosettaWood » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:44 pm

Hi,
I am glad to share with you one of my kid's favorite recipe of mine.
Baked ricotta with roast tomatoes and bacon
Ingredients
3 desiree potatoes (about 350g), peeled, halved
250g prosciutto slices
2 eggs
1kg fresh ricotta, drained
1/3 cup (25g) grated parmesan
1/4 cup chopped mixed herbs (such as flat-leaf parsley, basil, chives and oregano)
250g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
Grilled bacon rashers or bacon curls (see note) and grilled bread, to serve
1 cup wild rocket leaves
Extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, to drizzle
Method Notes
Step 1
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 10cm x 30cm loaf pan with baking paper.
Step 2
Place potatoes in a pan of cold salted water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 8-10 minutes until just tender, then drain. When cool enough to handle, grate coarsely into a large bowl.
Step 3
Finely chop prosciutto in a food processor, then add to the potato. Process the eggs and ricotta in the food processor until smooth. Add to the potato mixture with the parmesan and herbs, and season well with salt and pepper. Fill the loaf pan with the mixture and bake for 20 minutes or until firm. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Step 4
While the ricotta is cooling, place the tomatoes on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the oven for 5 minutes or until just starting to split.
Step 5
Turn out ricotta and slice thickly. Serve with tomatoes, bacon and rocket, and drizzle with a little olive oil and vinegar.

Happy cooking!
-Rosetta

dees72

Postby dees72 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:40 am

I have a couple to contribute

Super easy breakfast:

1 egg
1 frozen sausage patty of your choice
Shredded cheese if you please (optional)

Take a muffin pan and spray lightly with cooking spray. Place your frozen sausage patty (I like Jimmy Dean Turkey Patties) at the bottom of each hole. You can also use a piece of bacon curled up if you like. Crack an egg over the top. Place in a 400F oven for ~ 20 mins. Cool and enjoy. They keep for a few days in the fridge too if you don't eat them all at one time.

Super easy quiche:

2 premade pie crusts
12 eggs
Your choice of cheese (I like jalapeno-jack)
Fresh spinach
Diced ham

Thaw the pie crusts and score the bottom with a fork. Wash and trim the stems from your spinach. Probably could make it with frozen spinach, but I like fresh. Layer the crusts with the spinach. Next comes the diced ham. Then cheese. Fill the crust up ~ 3/4 of the way. Now scramble 6 eggs and then pour over the filling. You may have to use an extra egg or use a little less depending on the amount of filling you use. Season to taste. Place in a 400F oven until a knife stuck in the center comes out clean (20-25 mins). Refrigerates well. You can also substitute ground sausage for the ham and spinach and make it a breakfast quiche.

Sorry, no macros. Really depends on what type of meat you use.

Krilce!

Postby Krilce! » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:02 am

Scrambled eggs with garlic, onions(spring onions will work fine too) and peppers (chilly and cheese optional).

There is no exact quantity of ingredients. For every 3 large eggs, I usually use one clove of garlic, one pepper and half of an onion.

First chop an onion, pepper and garlic (you can also add one chilly if you want), and beat those eggs. I usually chop everything in ribs, but anything will work. Turn your stove on to a medium high heat, and use whichever oil you prefer. I like using good olive oil, but since it's expensive, you can always mix it with some kind of neutral oil. Add chopped pepper and onion(DO NOT ADD GARLIC YET), and start sweating it for a few minutes, until your onion becomes soft and golden. Then add you garlic, and continue sweating it(you don't want it to burn, it gets really horrible) for around 20-30secs, or when you see your garlic starts to get a little bit of color. Then just add your eggs. At this point, you start mixing it at fast rate if you don't want egg lumps to get too big. Do not overcook the eggs! It would be a blasphemy! As soon as there the texture of the meal stops looking watery, remove from stove. At this time, if you have cheese, you can add it in. Any kind of melting cheese will work pretty much.

finnegan

Postby finnegan » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:22 am

Need to bump this so here are a few I enjoy lately.

Tomato sauce, saute it with garlic, olive oil add crushed red pepper. Then add 4 or 6 eggs. Cook eggs in the sauce. Eat with pasta or rice or as is.

Homemade fudge; bag of semi-sweet chocolate, bakers chocolate, can of sweetened condensed milk. Mix together and melt in microwave. stir immediately for minute with electric mixer. Pour into non stick loaf size pan and put in fridge for 2 hours. Cut into bite size pieces.

Nutribullet: green apple, frozen pineapple chunks, handful spinach, almond milk. Blend in blender and enjoy.

Return to “Nutrition and Supplementation”