White Collar Boxing Fight

Talk about all the latest boxing news and your favorite fighters
JHmuaythai

White Collar Boxing Fight

Postby JHmuaythai » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:39 am

So I pulled out last time as the wife got all moody over it, I no longer have a wife :dance: , so I am officially signed up for September.

Yes I know its white collar and anyone can do it, but its for charity and it will be my first fight and I'm super excited and maybe use it as a bit of a spur on.

Canis Caelorum

Re: White Collar Boxing Fight

Postby Canis Caelorum » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:27 pm

Good on you. Go hard, and have fun!
With respect

M.O.B.F.O.E. - Money Over Bitches, Fitness Over Everything

Virtual Boxer

Postby Virtual Boxer » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:40 am

Risking your brain's health and liver etc. for charity... that's noble... Just don't forget your head movement and train hard on your cardio! Good luck! :mozilla_cool:
Train your boxing with Virtual Boxer - A super effective 3-speed boxing training program - Try the FREEBIES, they're a lot of fun! Also if you’re serious, try the southpaw boxing simulator!

da pm1200

Postby da pm1200 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:17 am

Good For you dude.
One thing...Not Anyone can do it. It takes something to get in there and not everyone has it.

Good Luck.

speedy

Postby speedy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:16 pm

I am white color and had a boxing match. It doesn't matter who you are, if you got the guts and you get in the ring: win or lose RESPECT!
Dr Sara Salomon <---more than just a pretty face. She is smart and has a lot of insight and yes I admit it, easy on the eyes. :mozilla_cool:

JHmuaythai

Postby JHmuaythai » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:05 am

speedy wrote:I am white color and had a boxing match. It doesn't matter who you are, if you got the guts and you get in the ring: win or lose RESPECT!

Lost but hey ho!

will do it again but its not part of my goal right now, was great fun and I loved it just tore right through my thumb ligament in my main hand a few weeks before and kept it to myself, had to go hospital a few weeks after and took me about 7 months plus for it to heal.

Think I am going to get back on one in the new year once I reach my weight goal.

Brooklyn_teacher

Postby Brooklyn_teacher » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:50 am

I strongly suggest that you talk to your opponent and make a gentleman's agreement on how hard to go. Is it going to be a real match or a glorified spar? I have seen many of these and either can be fun - intense and competitive or friendly and languid with a bit of showboating and clowning. The worst ones though, are where one guy is out there to move around and make some money for charity and the other is out to knock his head off. It can get uncomfortable. In my first white collar match I stopped my opponent kind of brutally. At the time I felt like Maximus in the freaking coliseum but as time goes on I realised there's a decent chance he just wasn't in the same headspace as me. It's a matter of regret these days, to be honest. I wish I'd talk to him beforehand and either said "Let's take it easy, mate, and have some fun" or "Don't hold back on my account, I'm up for it and I hope you are too".

Either way, best of luck and good for you raising some money.
Read Chomsky

JHmuaythai

Postby JHmuaythai » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:35 am

Brooklyn_teacher wrote:I strongly suggest that you talk to your opponent and make a gentleman's agreement on how hard to go. Is it going to be a real match or a glorified spar? I have seen many of these and either can be fun - intense and competitive or friendly and languid with a bit of showboating and clowning. The worst ones though, are where one guy is out there to move around and make some money for charity and the other is out to knock his head off. It can get uncomfortable. In my first white collar match I stopped my opponent kind of brutally. At the time I felt like Maximus in the freaking coliseum but as time goes on I realised there's a decent chance he just wasn't in the same headspace as me. It's a matter of regret these days, to be honest. I wish I'd talk to him beforehand and either said "Let's take it easy, mate, and have some fun" or "Don't hold back on my account, I'm up for it and I hope you are too".

Either way, best of luck and good for you raising some money.

This sums up everything from last time.

I would always be on top in sparring with this guy, and told to go easy and told its for charity. so on the night, given my injury, I was under the impression it would be the same, but where I come with a new charity mind-set he came to win and the first round took me by surprise, no excuse because I couldn't turn it around, was a bit surprised.

Delphia

Postby Delphia » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:08 am

Good For you dude. It takes something to get in there and not everyone has this.
I wish you Luck.

Return to “Boxing Talk”