Fury
15%
Klitschko
85%

Total votes: 13

Hardcase

Re: Tyson Fury v. Wladimir Klitschko

Postby Hardcase » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:28 pm

Legalize drugs in all sports? That's no good. What about the morals and ethics of it? When there are no morals, ethics, or integrity, left in sport then what have you got?

Also he's not considering the athletes who want to compete clean and don't want the health implications of taking drugs whether it be steroids, HGH, EPO. You can never have that.

Brazen

Postby Brazen » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:05 am

Mike Tyson v. Evander Holyfield was the 2nd richest HW Boxing match of all time. I believe both were juicing -- And both have publicly accused the other of juicing. In a recent interview Tyson insinuated the Klitschko's were using PED's as have a series of recent opponents.

I believe that PED usage is rife in professional sports. Following the Jamaican, Russian and Salazar scandals I'm just waiting on the next big name to drop. Klitschko, Bolt, Mayweather, Radcliffe ... None would surprise me.

So how do you manage the unmanageable?
"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." -- Tyson.

Brooklyn_teacher

Postby Brooklyn_teacher » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:13 pm

Humble pie on the menu over here.... Wlad's work rate was.... non existent...
Read Chomsky

Brazen

Postby Brazen » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:41 am

It was almost a role reversal of Klitschko v. Haye. Klitschko was soundly beaten.

I watched the fight via live stream on HBO. I felt the commentary team were unfair to Fury. The Gypsy King was outstanding. His movement, feints and unpredictability nullified the Champion. Klitschko looked bad because Fury never allowed him to set his feet.

Meanwhile, years after John Mcdermott, Tyson produced the best performance of his life. I suspect the rematch would produce a similar result while Deontay Wilder has little more than a hayemaker's chance -- That's if he gets past Povetkin.

For me the greater curiosity is which Brit will rise next; Haye, Joshua or will Tyson's cousin Hughie rise and allow the Fury's to establish the dominance the Klitschko's have held over the division for so long? Interesting times in HW Boxing.

Klitschko v. Fury. Post Fight Press Conference:

https://youtu.be/qmDwmpISZ3I

Faust

Postby Faust » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:45 am

Brazen wrote:Klitschko was soundly beaten.

I watched the fight via live stream on HBO. I felt the commentary team were unfair to Fury. The Gypsy King was outstanding. His movement, feints and unpredictability nullified the Champion. Klitschko looked bad because Fury never allowed him to set his feet.

Interesting times in HW Boxing.

Klitschko v. Fury. Post Fight Press Conference:

https://youtu.be/qmDwmpISZ3I

The german comment recognized Fury's domination from the early rounds. I was overwhelmed by his formidable performance. He was way too fast and smart for Klitschko to land.
I don't know if I ever saw a fighter this size this fast and fluid. And singing not too bad!
Props to the HW champion of the world!

Thanks for sharing the press conference vid.
Read Nietzsche

Hardcase

Postby Hardcase » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:19 am

I heard the fight was crap. Hardly a decent punch landed in the whole fight. Mike Tyson would have beaten them both on the same night. Plus his antics (Fury), are stupid and boneheaded.

TianFeng

Postby TianFeng » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:38 pm

This fight was another example of how clinching needs to go. Jab jab jab dive in and clinch. Ref breaks them up and back to the outside. The way it is designed now the longest jab and best clincher will reign supreme. Clinching ruins infighting and takes away the equlizer of a shorter fighter. It needs to go.
Royler Gracie>Pedro Schmall>me

Brazen

Postby Brazen » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:17 pm

Faust -- I agree. Tyson moved like a middleweight at times. I saw flashes of Roy Jones Jr. in there ; )

Feng -- Fury's actually an excellent in fighter. Watch his bouts with Chisora. The clinching favoured Wlad.

Hardcase -- Mike Tyson would've been stopped by both Klitschko & Fury.

TianFeng

Postby TianFeng » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:06 pm

Feng -- Fury's actually an excellent in fighter. Watch his bouts with Chisora. The clinching favoured Wlad.

I agree the clinching did favour Wlad. But it is just so damn boring. Long jabs and clinching with no close range fighting. I love watching a masterful jab that can keep an opponent on the outside but when the fighter finally gets past it if all the guy has to do is clinch than that is terrible to watch. I know clinching is a skill but boxing is a spectator sport and I believe that getting rid of the clinch will bring fans back to watching the heavyweights.
Royler Gracie>Pedro Schmall>me

Brazen

Postby Brazen » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:17 pm

Funny how someone's voted Fury ^ after the fight. For the record, the real poll was 9-0 for Wladimir.

I think the HW Division is going through a renaissance. Fury isn't always the most exciting fighter but he generates drama and mainstream interest. He's the best character in Boxing right now. The interviews with him and his family never fail to crack me up.

Here's a video of Manny Steward predicting Tyson (& Deontay Wilder's) rise to the top in 2012:

https://youtu.be/AbEL_kQNZUE

Return to “Boxing Talk”