Matchups in 2018 and p4p rankings

Talk about all the latest boxing news and your favorite fighters
Mr. Churro

Matchups in 2018 and p4p rankings

Postby Mr. Churro » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:50 pm

Was just hoping to drum up some conversation on this board as 2018 looks to be a really interesting year for boxing. We've got the possibly matchup between heavyweights Deontae Wilder and Anthony Joshua which is a pretty interesting fight. GGG Canelo II. We might see Spence and Thurman which would be an awesome fight but it will also be interesting to see how Errol handles his bout with Peterson. Also the Lightweight and junior welterweight divisions look like they're going to be setting the stage for some awesome battles with Lomachenko, Mikey Garcia, Gervonta Davis and of course Crawford. The smaller weight classes are also looking really interesting with srisaket beating chocolatito twice, inoue has been tearing it up at junior bantam, and who knows what happens with Rigo. Also curious to see what your guys' p4p lists look like after the shakeups this year. Crawford, GGG, Canelo, Loma and Spence probably make up my top 5 but I'm not quite sure about what order. What are your guys' thoughts on the p4p rn and what fights are you looking forward to in 2018?

Brooklyn_teacher

Re: Matchups in 2018 and p4p rankings

Postby Brooklyn_teacher » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:01 pm

My two cents -

Canelo has a better chance against GGG in the second one. He's younger and GGG looks like he's relying on his power a bit more these days. He used to have that happy knack of always putting his feet in the right place. Can't sleep on that high elbow left hook or the round the corner right hook though, or they will sleep you. If GGG loses to Canelo he'll probs retire, if he wins he'll fight Billie Joe Saunders and lose and then retire.

Joshua may well have a tough time with Parker, but I think he'll get through. Wilder won't stand a chance against him, that fight will be uncompetitive. Tyson Fury is the real interesting one, as long he he hasn't fucked it completely with the coke and pies.

Lomachenko will continue to rule the freaking world. If he fights and beats Mikey Garcia.... well holy shit
Read Chomsky

Return to “Boxing Talk”