Krav & Shooting Residential??

A place to discuss self defense, weapons, and related topics
Snaplight

Krav & Shooting Residential??

Postby Snaplight » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:11 am

Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere ( States / Israel / Europe ) that offers a combined crash course residential in Krav and Shooting ( Pistol & Carbine ) at the same time?

speedy

Re: Krav & Shooting Residential??

Postby speedy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:25 am

I seriously doubt for two totally different focuses. Shooting training requires you being at a range, and Krav requires you to have a lot of room to practice hand-to-hand techniques.
Dr Sara Salomon <---more than just a pretty face. She is smart and has a lot of insight and yes I admit it, easy on the eyes. :mozilla_cool:

ironwarrior1

Postby ironwarrior1 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:21 pm

That would be an awesome training course!
Ultimately, we're all dead men. Sadly, we cannot choose how but, what we can decide is how we meet that end, in order that we are remembered, as men.

Snaplight

Postby Snaplight » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:12 am

speedy wrote:I seriously doubt for two totally different focuses. Shooting training requires you being at a range, and Krav requires you to have a lot of room to practice hand-to-hand techniques.

Not sure about that to be honest.

I already shoot in the UK ( Long Barrelled Pistol , Carbine , Shotgun and Long Rifle ) there is only so much time that can be devoted on the range in terms of improving the fine motorskill and sight work before you become ' gunned out' for the day.

Mixing Gross Motor Skills and Fine Motor Skills would provide a balance and skills becoming learned alongside one other.

If you look at the Krav / Kapap type training regime there is mostly defintiely a TRUE martial application in there for real world situations. As Krav originated in Israel ( which has its own unique issues and armed policy ) I CAN imagine a true full spectrum training package being offered as a residential.

Wake - gentle PT - Breakfast - Range time ( Pistol ) - break - Krav H2H - Lunch - Carbine / Shotgun Range time - break - Krav - More pistol time if req'd.

pathfighter

Postby pathfighter » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:35 am

i trained for years with an outfit called Masada Tactical based outside of Baltimore. solid, Krav-based hand-to-hand and CQC. not sure they do residentials, but for the right price, i'm sure they could get you what you want. they are also connected in Israel, so could possibly point you in the right direction. if you call, ask to speak with BK, the owner.

are you up to traveling overseas for your training? there is a very high quality outfit in South Africa that a friend trained with for close protection work. it was a roughly two week residential that inolved driving, tactical handguns and long guns, H2H, SEER, dignitary protection, etc. most of the trainees were international former military who were getting into dignitary protection. if you're interested, i can ask him about it.
jimlang wrote: Bunch a burpee lovin' dorks...

Snaplight

Postby Snaplight » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:26 am

pathfighter wrote:i trained for years with an outfit called Masada Tactical based outside of Baltimore. solid, Krav-based hand-to-hand and CQC. not sure they do residentials, but for the right price, i'm sure they could get you what you want. they are also connected in Israel, so could possibly point you in the right direction. if you call, ask to speak with BK, the owner.

are you up to traveling overseas for your training? there is a very high quality outfit in South Africa that a friend trained with for close protection work. it was a roughly two week residential that inolved driving, tactical handguns and long guns, H2H, SEER, dignitary protection, etc. most of the trainees were international former military who were getting into dignitary protection. if you're interested, i can ask him about it.

Yes to travelling abroad , I think that's the only way its going to happen so details of the S.A. place I'd definitely be interested in more details. I'll also take a look at Masada

pathfighter

Postby pathfighter » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:09 pm

OK, I'll send you a PM

speedy

Postby speedy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:54 pm

Look at what the elite special forces do. Whatever they do, follow. Krav maga and shooting, whatev...
Dr Sara Salomon <---more than just a pretty face. She is smart and has a lot of insight and yes I admit it, easy on the eyes. :mozilla_cool:

pathfighter

Postby pathfighter » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:55 pm

speedy wrote:Look at what the elite special forces do. Whatever they do, follow. Krav maga and shooting, whatev...

Well, I'm assuming the guy has a reason for wanting that particular mix of training.

Snaplight

Postby Snaplight » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:16 am

Well , I'm not planning on becoming Batman after a week residential if that was the concern? :mozilla_smile:

I enjoy my current shooting although under UK restrictions - I'd also like to learn and inter mix some decent hard style combative skills - something else I have experience of.

Would be kind nice to do this all under one package as I see a lot of residential Krav Courses offered in Israel so was just putting the feelers out in a little way.

Return to “Weapons and Tactics”