Baseball Bat for Home Defense

A place to discuss self defense, weapons, and related topics
finnegan

Re: Baseball Bat for Home Defense

Postby finnegan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:56 pm

Tell the intruder in a loud clear voice that you are going to write a strongly worded letter to the authorities if he doesnt leave. Also mention that you feel bad that this person this individual has been marginalized and left behind and that your home is a safe space for them. :mozilla_cool: :mozilla_cool:

Canis Caelorum

Postby Canis Caelorum » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:00 pm

finnegan wrote:I always get a chuckle out of these topics. People dont want to shoot someone but think they will have no pause when it comes time to bash a mans head in with a baseball bat.

Nerf bat, aluminum bat wood bat signed by Pete Rose I dont care give me a shotgun or a desert eagle. I dont want him close enough to me for me to have to hit him, Im already in trouble if we are that close.

Yeah I wonder if that zombie show the other week made anyone start thinking twice...

Apparently they had the same idea as the one I was rocking as a kid, too, with the barbed wire wrap haha.

Keep in mind, particularly in a life or death situation, "he who hesitates is lost..."
With respect

M.O.B.F.O.E. - Money Over Bitches, Fitness Over Everything

TomMack

Postby TomMack » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:45 am

I remember years ago the Mets used to give out mini bats at Shea for bat day . They seemed to be a good size for self defense ( similar to the rounders bat) if I remember correct . They may have been too good, because a some point they switched to bat shaped balloons

sculls

Postby sculls » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:08 am

finnegan wrote:I always get a chuckle out of these topics. People dont want to shoot someone but think they will have no pause when it comes time to bash a mans head in with a baseball bat.

Who says you have to bash the head in?

Poking a hole into someone to bleed from with a gun or knife is always serious business legally and psychologically.

Breaking the bones in an extremity or the collarbone with a blunt striking object is much more doable psychologically and stops quicker than a knife and mechanically even better than a handgun. Most threat stops with guns are them ginving up while they still could go on.
Sport is specific, training is individual.

Train congruently! (not much of a catchphrase but a great concept)
http://www.youtube.com/user/CongruentExercise/videos

Brooklyn_teacher

Postby Brooklyn_teacher » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:22 pm

The other day I was handling a piece of firewood about the size of a rolled up copy of one of those big glossy magazines that have several hundred pages - Vogue or whatever - and a couple of air swipes convinced me that it would be an absolutely brutal self defence weapon. Much shorter than any of the weapons described so far, very good for a closed space. Serious heft though. That one didn't go on the fire.
Be nice. Thats manly.

Return to “Weapons and Tactics”