TAc Light Recomedation

A place to discuss self defense, weapons, and related topics
bobzilla

TAc Light Recomedation

Postby bobzilla » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:48 pm

Hey, gang...

I'm looking for a decent tac light that won;t break the bank, but can still do the job. The main purpose is to using on lost pet searches. In the past, I've helped folks look for lost pets or have seen one at night roaming the area only to lose it int the woods or other dark, hidden areas.

I've looked around, but it's a bit confusing and lots of conflicting reviews. Any help with making the decision easier would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bob

benji

Re: TAc Light Recomedation

Postby benji » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:02 am

I usually refer to a tac light as being a weapon mounted light. You aren't searching for pets with a weapon are ya?
"They never knew what hit em."

bobzilla

Postby bobzilla » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:19 pm

Um, no? Maybe I should have called it a really bright flashlight?

Since you seem to know what I mean, any recommendations?

Bob

benji

Postby benji » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:10 pm

What's your budget?

Prefer rechargeable or standard batteries?

bobzilla

Postby bobzilla » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:29 pm

Well, hopefully under $30, even under $20, if possible.

Not sure about recharge or battery. Not going wither way right now.

Bob

benji

Postby benji » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:49 pm

I haven't really used any light that was under 50 bucks so I can't really point you in the right direction. I love my streamlight for work, but that was over 100 bucks. Got an awesome head lamp for the military and running and that was just over 50 bucks. I did get a nice backup "pen light" that was around 30.

bobzilla

Postby bobzilla » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:58 pm

Yeah, I do see most of the "mini's" are the cheaper ones.

I'll keep looking around.

Bob

speedy

Postby speedy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:59 am

bobzilla wrote:Hey, gang...

I'm looking for a decent tac light that won;t break the bank, but can still do the job. The main purpose is to using on lost pet searches. In the past, I've helped folks look for lost pets or have seen one at night roaming the area only to lose it int the woods or other dark, hidden areas.

I've looked around, but it's a bit confusing and lots of conflicting reviews. Any help with making the decision easier would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bob

Surefire used to be the go to light (not sure if it's still is) and won't break the bank but kind of pricey. However, in Walmart, Target, and hardware stores like Home Depot and Lowes I always see tactical lights for lower prices.

Really depends on your reason for use. In the end, Mag Lite IMHO will work from a weapon perspective but IMHO not nearly as bright as other options.
2017 - Focusing 100% on Yoga (various kinds) and cardio. As to why, read my log.
Speedy Log

RepublicJim

Postby RepublicJim » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:51 pm

I don't have personal experience with this since I primarily use a headlamp, so I'm just offering second-hand information. I have seen a lot of really positive reviews of Thrunite flashlights. Yes, they are Chinese-made, but everything I have read or have watched on YouTube says they are well-made, bright, and durable. They seem fairly affordable (some in that $20-$30 range), especially the Archer series. Check them out and see what you think.
pathfighter wrote:Keep at it. People may not listen to regular madmen, but they do listen to jacked madmen.

sculls

Postby sculls » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:55 am

I would not go cheap on this. I got a Fenix UC30 and it's awesome. Apparently 60 USD and free shipping: http://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-uc30-u ... lashlight/

Reloadable via Micro USB and very bright. I have used it for things comparable to searching lost pets and was highly satisfied.
Sport is specific, training is individual.

Train congruently! (not much of a catchphrase but a great concept)
http://www.youtube.com/user/CongruentExercise/videos

Return to “Weapons and Tactics”