concealed carry

A place to discuss self defense, weapons, and related topics
Hardcase

Re: concealed carry

Postby Hardcase » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:01 pm

Sell them and use the money to buy more bike stuff or something speedy. That's what i'd do. Or something else for training.

sculls

Postby sculls » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:02 am

Hey speedy, maybe competition gets you back in the fun zone. I like to do local steel challenge type comps and am having a ton of fun.
Sport is specific, training is individual.

Train congruently! (not much of a catchphrase but a great concept)
http://www.youtube.com/user/CongruentExercise/videos

Wasatch

Postby Wasatch » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:32 am

speedy wrote:Well mates,
I am giving serious thought to giving up or for a better word selling all my guns. I never bought them for protection, I bought them as a hobby to go shooting and there was a time I loved it.

Well this past week I went to the range and to be honest I wasn't feeling it.

So the plan is to shoot the ammo till I have no more. But if the fun returns then my plan will change, but if I find I no longer find this fun then moving forward to selling them.

For protection I have considered to keep a baseball bat under the bed; maybe I will use the sale of the guns to buy the bat. :mozilla_cool:

speed,

Keep at least one.

Did not go thru the whole thread, but I have a CCW, and carry a SA XD9SC.

Paladin

Postby Paladin » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:07 pm

:[/quote]
speed,

Keep at least one.

Did not go thru the whole thread, but I have a CCW, and carry a SA XD9SC.[/quote]

Great advice? How do you like your Sub? I've had one for about 6yrs, and of course it's bet your life reliable, but I've found everything it can do, it's bigger brothers can do as well or better.
Blessed be the Lord my rock, Who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle! Psalm 144:1
For those who have hunted armed men, training will never be the same.
Help the children of fallen heroes: Please Donate: http://www.specialops.org/

speedy

Postby speedy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:13 am

My whole outlet changed on this. I decided since I am not into shooting like I used to be, but I have to agree it's not a bad idea to keep one in the house I want to simplify it.

I am going to off-load all the 22 ammo and keep the 9mm. I am going to trade/sell all 3 guns: Ruger 10/22; SR-22; Beretta 92Fs. I am going to then get a Glock 19.

Why? Well I am partial to 9mm's for one over 45's; just a personal preference and no desire to discuss that further. I want a Glock for a few reasons over my long favored Beretta. No safety I have to worry about; their built-in safety is triggered the moment my finger squeezes the trigger which my finger is my #1 safety. Very reliable, and very accurate.

I will be spending once a month at the range with 200 rounds to work on and keeping my groupings tight. I won't be doing more for cost reasons more than anything else.

Well that's it in a nutshell. Comment?
My log.Speedy Log

speedy

Postby speedy » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:58 pm

***Update***
Glock19 has arrived at the shop and has my name on it...literally.

Picking her up tomorrow.
My log.Speedy Log

Faust

Postby Faust » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:10 am

I now own a H&K USP Expert in 9mm. Excellent target shooter it is. Bought it used for half the new price and it is as good as new!
The receiver makes the massage.

speedy

Postby speedy » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:45 am

I now have her. I already reversed the mag release being that I am a lefty, and lubed up the rails and she is even smoother.

I prefer the outdoor range so waiting till some of this snow clears before I start breaking her in.

P.S.
I used to buy used guns till I had a really bad experience. I no longer buy used.
My log.Speedy Log

Jesse

Postby Jesse » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:09 am

Just a quick note guys and one I've probably shared before:

By far the best tool for keeping me sharp and in practice has been a laser training glock from http://www.nextleveltraining.com. You can easily adjust the trigger EXACTLY to match your carry trigger...like 6 different areas of adjustment, pull, length of pull, point of break, point of reset etc.... You end up doing a tremendous amount of reps simply because you just pick it up and use it. I went from about 200 reps a month of actual shooting to easily a thousand a week. There's no maintenance, racking of the slide, etc.... You just pick it up and shoot and you get instant feedback from how the laser hits stuff. Red dot...great control. Red squiggle or line...problem with hand placement and trigger pull. You can easily make up cardboard targets, have your wife scatter them around the house, clear the house, sit at your desk and plink, watch tv and plink, throw it into the exercise routine, practice any kind of draws, retentions, force on force (although i prefer airsoft for this), etc.... It is pricey...but honestly with the price of ammo, I considered myself to have saved money. Plus...it's seriously fun and completely safe so long as you don't shine it in someone's eyes. It is not a firearm and cannot be made into a firearm. Kid safety is on the level of a laser pointer.

The one potential drawback...there is no recoil. However the whole point of practicing dry fire etc... is to learn to IGNORE recoil. You cannot anticipate or cancel recoil. You must learn to deal with it by proper hand placement. A handgun trainer like these actually builds proper habits so long as you make SURE you always use correct grips. YMMV, but if you're money crunched and yet wanting to get adequate persona training, this could be a very good investment.

speedy

Postby speedy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:07 pm

@Jesse

So to make sure I understand what this is right, it's nothing more than a toy gun with technology? For the amount of money they are asking for would make more sense to buy a SR22 (very similar to combat guns), and shoot that.

If I was special forces maybe I would get this, but as the average Joe IMHO it's overkill.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I am sure Glock Talk would love it if they don't already know about it.

Laser Color Gun - $339.00

SR22 - $345 and up (varies location to location)

Even though the SR22 will cost more, it's still a real gun using a caliber that has so little recoil that you can work on flinching and etc plus snap caps.

I think technology is at times getting ridiculous. But that is my opinion from someone that is in IT. Go figure!
My log.Speedy Log

Return to “Weapons and Tactics”