concealed carry

A place to discuss self defense, weapons, and related topics
Faust

Re: concealed carry

Postby Faust » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:49 pm

I thank you all for your input. I'm about to not talk that much about guns online anymore as I'm not sure how much more restrictive the law and internet surveillance in my country will get.
The receiver makes the massage.

sculls

Postby sculls » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:47 am

Infinitesimally small chance of getting a carry permit in Germany anyhow. Or are you a VIP or bodyguard of such?

But some are fighting back: https://german-rifle-association.de/

Join, donate, write letters to politicians, ... in the current EU-Gun-Ban fight and the fight against the German ban of semiautos for hunters they are doing surprisingly well.
Sport is specific, training is individual.

Train congruently! (not much of a catchphrase but a great concept)
http://www.youtube.com/user/CongruentExercise/videos

Faust

Postby Faust » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:14 pm

sculls, you're right and well informed.
So am I :mozilla_wink: .

Just, they aren't doing very well at all, the sports shooters and hunters I know all complain about increasing harassment.

Hardcase

Postby Hardcase » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:39 pm

Almost 100% of people who want to own guns and go around shooting animals and the like are lunatics. I would only allow hunters to own guns and shoot prey as long as they also agree to be hunted and possibly end up as prey themselves. That would drop the amount of them down to a very small amount as the vast majority of them tend to be cowards at heart and like to shoot at defenceless creatures that can't fight back.

sculls

Postby sculls » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:21 am

Faust wrote:Just, they aren't doing very well at all, the sports shooters and hunters I know all complain about increasing harassment.

What I wanted to say is that the group is surprisingly effective with their advocacy.
Sport is specific, training is individual.

Train congruently! (not much of a catchphrase but a great concept)
http://www.youtube.com/user/CongruentExercise/videos

ato

Postby ato » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:23 am

Hardcase wrote:Almost 100% of people who want to own guns and go around shooting animals and the like are lunatics. I would only allow hunters to own guns and shoot prey as long as they also agree to be hunted and possibly end up as prey themselves. That would drop the amount of them down to a very small amount as the vast majority of them tend to be cowards at heart and like to shoot at defenceless creatures that can't fight back.

There's an interesting thread on these boards about big game hunting. Maybe you aired your thoughts there. I don't recall. The writer of most of the posts hunted big game for the meat. I don't think fair contests between man and beast ever entered his mind. Imagine going to the supermarket with a 50:50 chance of returning with pork chops or a meat cleaver in your forehead. Hunting defenseless creatures, or at least ones where you have a significant advantage over, ensures that you can steadily provide for your family.

Like most, I do not hunt, such is the life of a city dweller. I go to the butchers or supermarket for meat that has been taken from commercially farmed animals. Maybe we are the cowards, meat eaters who do not hunt. I don't care to discuss the ethics of farmed vs. hunted meat, or indeed of consuming meat at all. I do respect someone who is willing to take an animal cleanly to put meat on the table. I do not support trophy hunting, or sport fishing.

I haven't followed this topic too closely, but maybe you support the idea of concealed carry. Those who legally carry concealed firearms mean to defend themselves. You can think of them as reluctant prey. I do not carry. If I lived under a constant threat, I'd move, but that's me.
KeyboardWarrior wrote: Little girls in china can lift more weight than you do. What's your excuse?

pathfighter

Postby pathfighter » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:32 pm

Hardcase wrote:Almost 100% of people who want to own guns and go around shooting animals and the like are lunatics. I would only allow hunters to own guns and shoot prey as long as they also agree to be hunted and possibly end up as prey themselves. That would drop the amount of them down to a very small amount as the vast majority of them tend to be cowards at heart and like to shoot at defenceless creatures that can't fight back.

Quit trolling.
jimlang wrote: Bunch a burpee lovin' dorks...

Faust

Postby Faust » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:28 pm

For that post in Germany you'd get an ownership permit revoked anyway, because you suggested hunting people would be a favorable idea.

Hardcase

Postby Hardcase » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:22 am

pathfighter wrote:

Quit trolling.

No trolling mate i'm 100% deadly serious, trust me. It's a position i've always taken. If you want to shoot hunt and kill animals that IMO have as much right to live as you do then be prepared to say that you also agree to be hunted. It works both ways.

speedy

Postby speedy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:57 am

Well mates,
I am giving serious thought to giving up or for a better word selling all my guns. I never bought them for protection, I bought them as a hobby to go shooting and there was a time I loved it.

Well this past week I went to the range and to be honest I wasn't feeling it.

So the plan is to shoot the ammo till I have no more. But if the fun returns then my plan will change, but if I find I no longer find this fun then moving forward to selling them.

For protection I have considered to keep a baseball bat under the bed; maybe I will use the sale of the guns to buy the bat. :mozilla_cool:

Return to “Weapons and Tactics”