concealed carry

A place to discuss self defense, weapons, and related topics
Faust

concealed carry

Postby Faust » Sat May 07, 2016 5:50 pm

Thread title says it all, which gun would you choose. Please only list the 9mm ones.
All recommendations are appreciated.
The receiver makes the massage.

pathfighter

Re: concealed carry

Postby pathfighter » Sat May 07, 2016 5:56 pm

Glock 26.

I used to spend time mentally masturbating over which gun had an infinitesimal advantage over another. That time is better spend at the range, etc. Go with the tried and true hardware, and spend your precious time and mental energy training.
jimlang wrote: Bunch a burpee lovin' dorks...

judoka

Postby judoka » Sun May 08, 2016 12:03 am

If you're willing to spend the money, I'd go with the sig p938, since you only want a 9. Great gun, like a mini 1911.
If you don't want to spend that much, the glock 43 is really nice. The only down side to those weapons is they're single stack.
Obviously, if you want more rounds, get the glock 26.
I generally carry a glock 23, but if I need something smaller, I carry a s&w 442.

Faust

Postby Faust » Sun May 08, 2016 2:31 pm

pathfighter wrote:I used to spend time mentally masturbating over which gun had an infinitesimal advantage over another.

I hear you on this. Happens to me with almost everything I spend serious money on.

Do you have experience with the little Austrian?

judoka wrote:If you're willing to spend the money, I'd go with the sig p938, since you only want a 9.

Yeah, I've heard the Sigs are fantastic pistols. And expensive.

Ever carried the little Sig?
The receiver makes the massage.

pathfighter

Postby pathfighter » Sun May 08, 2016 3:21 pm

Just at the range. It's shorter than I'd like, and fatter than I'd like. I like the capacity and reliability, though. Concealed carry is about compromise, after all.

If I didn't have to compromise, it would be 1911 all day, but I like my clothes way too form fitting to allow for that.
jimlang wrote: Bunch a burpee lovin' dorks...

speedy

Postby speedy » Mon May 09, 2016 9:05 am

Faust wrote:Thread title says it all, which gun would you choose. Please only list the 9mm ones.
All recommendations are appreciated.

That is a very personal choice for many reasons that I won't bother listing for it's quit obvious. Everyone has different tastes, size hands, preference, and so on.

Me personally I own a Beretta 92FS 9mm for I LOVE THAT GUN!!!

For awhile I tried to carry it but it's so damn big. However, in the last year I learned of a company that makes a holster that works so well I now can properly conceal carry a Beretta 92FS.

If you want ease of carry then I say either check out Glocks and their 9mm options for there are a few and/or Sigs. Sigs I find are becoming more popular with cops these days, others I see Glocks, and sometimes I still see a cop with a Beretta 92FS.

The other option is a revolver and IMHO when it comes to revolvers I don't go anywhere but Smith and Wesson in regards to that. Might want to go hammer-less to avoid snags.
2017 - Focusing 100% on Yoga (various kinds) and cardio. As to why, read my log.
Speedy Log

Skinsfan28

Postby Skinsfan28 » Mon May 09, 2016 9:46 am

I carry a Glock 43 in a cross breed holster at the 5 o'clock position with a spare mag at the 8 o'clock. I love it. There is a place that sells a mag extender for it that makes it fit my hand perfectly and adds two rounds. It's so comfortable and light that I forget it's on which is great for convenience, but not so much when you are standing in line at the bank or post office and suddenly remember you have it where you aren't supposed too. :doh:
"Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
- Earl Nightingale

speedy

Postby speedy » Mon May 09, 2016 3:37 pm

Whatever you decide, check out these holsters: I personally love them! http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/
2017 - Focusing 100% on Yoga (various kinds) and cardio. As to why, read my log.
Speedy Log

Jesse

Postby Jesse » Tue May 10, 2016 10:27 pm

I personally have carried a KT Pf-9 and when I had the cash for it a Glock 26 gen 4.

However, I'm going to tell you that you need to personally go down to a range that allows rentals and shoot at least 5 of the main contenders ie. glocks, sigs, s&w shield, etc.... Your hand is different from my hand. I did this before I brought my Glock and made the choice based off the test. Gen 3 Glocks have always felt terrible for me. Your mileage WILL vary so take the time to try them out.

benji

Postby benji » Wed May 11, 2016 6:16 am

Speedy, curious on why you are a huge fan of the Beretta... You maybe the only one who put love and Beretta in the same sentence. Have you shot any other firearms to compare?

I have shot the Beretta every which way including sideways and I hate that gun. My military buddies and I would joke and say you are better off throwing the thing at the bastards face than trying to shoot him with it.

And like Jesse said, if possible, take the firearms out for a quick "test drive". Everyone has their own preference. Just look at this thread. I for one am a huge S&W fan.
"They never knew what hit em."

Return to “Weapons and Tactics”