Plinkers aka 22 Pistols

A place to discuss self defense, weapons, and related topics
speedy

Plinkers aka 22 Pistols

Postby speedy » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:54 pm

What is everyone's favorite 22?

I am back in the market for one.
Dr Sara Salomon <---more than just a pretty face. She is smart and has a lot of insight and yes I admit it, easy on the eyes. :mozilla_cool:

Jesse

Re: Plinkers aka 22 Pistols

Postby Jesse » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:23 pm

speedy

Postby speedy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:43 am

Wellllll.....on Friday I had a service call to install a 2D X-ray machine at this dentist's office. Ironically behind the building is a gun store. So about 4:30pm EST I walked in. Around 5:08pm EST I left with a Ruger SR22. On Sunday I fired over 300 rounds and it's awesome!
Dr Sara Salomon <---more than just a pretty face. She is smart and has a lot of insight and yes I admit it, easy on the eyes. :mozilla_cool:

Jesse

Postby Jesse » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:31 am

Awesome, amigo.

Do you have a Ruger 10/22 as well?

speedy

Postby speedy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:09 pm

Of course! Also have a Beretta 92FS.

Faust

Postby Faust » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:51 am

speedy wrote: So about 4:30pm EST I walked in. Around 5:08pm EST I left with a Ruger SR22. On Sunday I fired over 300 rounds and it's awesome!

One can only dream about buying weapons in such an uncomplicated manner in Germany. I'm a tad envious.
Read Nietzsche

speedy

Postby speedy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:39 pm

Faust wrote:
speedy wrote: So about 4:30pm EST I walked in. Around 5:08pm EST I left with a Ruger SR22. On Sunday I fired over 300 rounds and it's awesome!

One can only dream about buying weapons in such an uncomplicated manner in Germany. I'm a tad envious.

Dude, I have issues of my own. The state I am in makes a lot things difficult. I can't get a certain 22 because of it's weight and category. I can NOT get ammo online to this state due to new laws. The list just goes on and on. Sometimes I want to move to Texas where I can do, shoot, and have anything I want.

benji

Postby benji » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:13 am

Where the hell did you find 300 rounds of .22 in this damn state? For a while .22 rounds were harder to find than a unicorn.
"They never knew what hit em."

speedy

Postby speedy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:02 pm

benji wrote:Where the hell did you find 300 rounds of .22 in this damn state? For a while .22 rounds were harder to find than a unicorn.

Just bought 555-round boxes (quantity 3) at Walmart in Wallingford.

Other options: Gun shops. Bethany Firearms is my preferred place. I got ripped off at Shooters but it is what it is. STAY AWAY FROM VALLEY FIREARMS in Shelton!

Also, it's sort of worth it to buy online. Because of the new law needing your gun permit to buy ammo makes things a tad difficult. I worked with customer service at midwayusa.com to send them a digital copy of my Gun Permit, they added it to my account/file, and now I can buy and have ammo shipped to me. Unfortunately they have a 1-box limit and charge you $12 and change for shipping. I have one order with them in-transit.

At Walmart it's a lot cheaper and their limit is 3-boxes of 22's. However, they sell out fast BUT like I said, the Walmart I was at today in Wallingford had a nice stock. Get there fast for I am sure before Saturday morning is over they all will be gone.

Also, Hoffman's seems to always have stock and there is this grumpy old guy several miles past Shooters in New Milford (away from route 7) on the left. BRING CASH for if you pull out a debit card or a credit card he will literally throw you out of the store. I am not kidding! Can't remember the name of the place but as you are leaving New Milford it starts getting woodsy and mostly residential then all of a sudden there is this small place on the left and he is in one of them. The sign is obvious and again...he is a grumpy old bastard.

Snaplight

Postby Snaplight » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:20 am

Im in the UK, So have one of the following

https://www.daileisure.co.uk/gsg-1911-lbp

Return to “Weapons and Tactics”