linguist888

Re: Best knife training material?

Postby linguist888 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:58 am

I can't believe nobody mentioned Master Ken :(
#GMOlivesmatter

Canis Caelorum

Postby Canis Caelorum » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:15 pm

SteveTaylor wrote:Not sure where you are based but around here (South England) there are various schools that teach knife combat from Fiorre and Talhoffer's schools (medieval hard cases who actually fought to kill people with knives).

My daughter does foil, we were watching some videos and stumbled across some HEMA fencing. Rapier and dagger looks great, and steel longsword. Nowhere near me to study though. There's a group about 3 hours away who train HEMA based on those schools you mentioned, I've been thinking of giving them a phone call and going down once a month or something just for kicks.
With respect

M.O.B.F.O.E. - Money Over Bitches, Fitness Over Everything

TheLaw

Postby TheLaw » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:36 pm

sculls wrote:Best knife training manual is a book on sprinting. :mozilla_wink:

You are correct sir. Knife training manual or material? Come on, be sensible, practical. I have never known people fight with
knives. I have known people be stabbed to death with them, but not fight, if you are talking self defence. Apart from Seagal and Tommy Lee
Jones in Under Siege of course ;-)

If someone comes at you with a knife run like f***. End of story. Do not try and fight them.

If you _have_ to defend yourself improvise a ranged weapon - a stone, brick, maybe even a shoe, or a handful of loose coins at
close quarters to the face / eyes that you keep in your pocket for this very scenario. Then run. If you
have friends, loved ones etc. with you, get them to run too.

Of course if you are interested just in terms of training for the fun of it, as an interest etc., then crack on.

Hope that helps.

Return to “Weapons and Tactics”