Revolver 22

A place to discuss self defense, weapons, and related topics
speedy

Re: Revolver 22

Postby speedy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:29 am

Well it seems like getting a particular gun is going to be harder than I thought. It's like trying to get ammo; it's hit or miss. I tried my favorite local gun shop owner and he said he will put the word out, I tried Hoffman's, and then Cabelas. So far I am coming up with nothing. Still looking.
Dr Sara Salomon <---more than just a pretty face. She is smart and has a lot of insight and yes I admit it, easy on the eyes. :mozilla_cool:

speedy

Postby speedy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:55 am

***Update***
This gun shop wants me to call him on Tuesday; he might be able to get it. $86 more than I wanted to spend but if no one else can get it, I will do it.
Dr Sara Salomon <---more than just a pretty face. She is smart and has a lot of insight and yes I admit it, easy on the eyes. :mozilla_cool:

not on the rug

Postby not on the rug » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:43 am

a 617?

what is he trying to get for it?

speedy

Postby speedy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:27 am

$786.

kaizen6

Postby kaizen6 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:00 am

Have you considered a Ruger SP101? Pretty decent guns, I like think they are a decent option. Smith's are great, but check the SP101 out, you might like it.
We are what we repeatedly do... excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. - Aristotle

speedy

Postby speedy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:38 am

Maybe. I just LOVE the look of the S&W version. Believe it or not I was not able to find it but haven't tried for at least a month since I posted this. I had 3 gun shops trying to locate it and nada!!!

Milandrew

Postby Milandrew » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:31 am

Hi, well I am new here and I have inhereted a S&W K22LR Model 18, 4" barrel, K333.... And according to what I was told it dates back to 1956-1957. It shoots very nice. And it is in honestly rough condition. I would like to know more about my gun, if it's an antique or not, if it's worth anything? Should I have it completely reconditioned or not. Thank you!

I seen people trying to sell guns after they been cleaned, fixed, and etc. But we are talking guns over 100 years old. What I am getting at is the older guns hit a point where they are more of a collectors item than a range gun. There is plenty of replicas of any kind of gun you want that you can shoot today. Anything truly old I would leave as is just make sure it's treated well and left original. Any changes will decrease the value significantly and also fixing things like corrosion is frowned upon from what I know.

Jesse

Postby Jesse » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:46 am

Honestly, it sounds like it's not worth much to anyone else due to the shape it's in, but will be worth a lot to you just due to the fun and utility. I'm a bit strange, but a lot of the appeal of an old gun to me is what it looks like...that you can see what it's been through. I would personally only have repaired anything that affects performance and ignore anything that is just cosmetic. YMMV. Welcome to the board.

speedy

Postby speedy » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:00 pm

Can't wait till my b-day comes. I am going to see again if the S&W is available.

punchtown

Postby punchtown » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:59 am

Id get the sp101 in 22 cal. they are all over gun broker.

The SW 22 revolver I had (627) had a horrific double action pull.

Return to “Weapons and Tactics”