[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Revolver 22 - RossTraining.com

Revolver 22

A place to discuss self defense, weapons, and related topics
speedy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Revolver 22

Postby speedy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:11 am

Not sure what started this but it's an itch I need to scratch. I want a revolver 22 pistol. The Ruger LCR-22 it's barrel is just too short, and I despise Taurus made guns. I am leaning towards the S&W 617 right now but will have to research it for there is this dude that was having a ton of issues with it to the point I found 2 videos by the same guy with the same gun.
<---more than just a pretty face. She is smart and has a lot of insight and yes I admit it, easy on the eyes. :mozilla_cool:

ato
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Revolver 22

Postby ato » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:00 pm

Reconsider the Ruger LCR in 22 mag. With a short barrel, you can pocket carry it.

speedy

Postby speedy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:36 am

True but I have to ask this simple question: why would you want to? Meaning, if you want protection, a 22 is the last thing I would consider. If it was revolver 38 is where I would go, and semi anywhere from a 9mm to a 45 Glock.

My focus is 22 shooting using a revolver instead of a semi.

I have the feeling I started this thread before. Sorry if I did.
<---more than just a pretty face. She is smart and has a lot of insight and yes I admit it, easy on the eyes. :mozilla_cool:

flinderrose

Postby flinderrose » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:01 pm

its your personal choice but here I have my "torquehead" dream revolver I am looking for that. "torquehead" ..its all time my favorite revolver.. size is good and shooting power is also fine..

Make your step prove yourself..

not on the rug

Postby not on the rug » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:00 am

colt diamondback with the 6" barrel. if you're going to do it, do it right

Jesse

Postby Jesse » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:15 am

www.classicarms.us usually has a cheap one or two.

speedy

Postby speedy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:55 am

Thanks for the tips everyone (Jesse took you long enough to reply :mozilla_cool: ).

But the person that suggested Colt 6-inch barrel when you said if you are going to do it, do it right. My research shows is S&W 617 is the way to go if money is no option on a 22LR revolver pistol. Please let me know.

Jesse

Postby Jesse » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:23 am

Pft, Speedy. I only get internet access for a couple minutes every other day. :P Still waiting on VIVO to get around to putting in a phone line at my house. Bots are starting to go everywhere on the board. :P You need to step up on your game while I'm incapacitated.

not on the rug

Postby not on the rug » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:08 pm

speedy

Postby speedy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:58 pm

After you post I Google

Colt Diamondback

S&W 617

Don't see enough difference to want to pay twice the cost. Let me clarify, I wouldn't say money is no option, but I am willing to spend a few extra $$$ to get a good gun after years of mistakes of going cheap and regretting it after. It's better to spend the extra $100 or several $100 to get the gun you really want then to go cheap: aka Taurus. I have owned 2 Taurus's in my lifetime: one not even 24hrs before I traded it in. Not a fan except for that one revolver, but that is only based on looks. That one that shoots small shotgun shells; that cool!
Naaa I am strictly S&W when it comes to revolvers. However, if I ever decided to get into cowboy shooting; I wouldn't shop for anything but Colts. There is just something about cowboys and Colts that go hand-in-hand.
Thanks for the reply.

Return to “Weapons and Tactics”