How to Win a Fight

A place to discuss self defense, weapons, and related topics
facesmasher

Re: How to Win a Fight

Postby facesmasher » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:00 am

pathfighter wrote:I've heard of Kris Wilder before. He wrote the Little Black Book of Violence:

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Black-Book-Violence-Fighting/dp/1594391297/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Don't let his Karate background turn you off. Karate is coming back into fashion, at any rate, so perhaps people will give him a chance.

With regard to his TV spot, perhaps that wasn't the best video to use to introduce him to what can be best described as a hardcore fight nerd forum. Those simple rules were obviously meant for housewives and couch surfers, not operators.

Little Black Book = Awesome. Definately read it.
"Aure' ye' avin' a giggle at meh'? ... Ull' bash ye' fuckin' ead' in mate. I swear on me mum." Gypsies talking shit. Better than any stand up ever created.

gojuryu

Re: How to Win a Fight

Postby gojuryu » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:15 pm

facesmasher wrote:
pathfighter wrote:I've heard of Kris Wilder before. He wrote the Little Black Book of Violence:

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Black-Book-Violence-Fighting/dp/1594391297/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Don't let his Karate background turn you off. Karate is coming back into fashion, at any rate, so perhaps people will give him a chance.

With regard to his TV spot, perhaps that wasn't the best video to use to introduce him to what can be best described as a hardcore fight nerd forum. Those simple rules were obviously meant for housewives and couch surfers, not operators.

Little Black Book = Awesome. Definately read it.

How to Win a Fight is pretty much the latter in another form. I recommend both books.
“It is time that we admitted that faith is nothing more than the license religious people give one another to keep believing when reasons fail.”
― Sam Harris, Letter to a Christian Nation

Return to “Weapons and Tactics”