Since you have to deal with adds

A place to discuss current events... All discussions must remain civil.
speedy

Since you have to deal with adds

Postby speedy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:56 am

I found some sites after you go to show up as adds on this forum and other locations. I figure if I have to see an add at least let me see something visually appealing. Note this will only work, if you allow cookies.

https://www.yogaoutlet.com/

Share yours.
2017 - Focusing 100% on Yoga (various kinds) and cardio. As to why, read my log.
Speedy Log

RepublicJim

Re: Since you have to deal with adds

Postby RepublicJim » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:13 am

Who has to deal with ads? I sure don't.
pathfighter wrote:Keep at it. People may not listen to regular madmen, but they do listen to jacked madmen.

speedy

Postby speedy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:35 am

RepublicJim wrote:Who has to deal with ads? I sure don't.

You must have one of those add block things. I don't for once in a blue moon I actually see an add that interests me; past the obvious enjoyments.
2017 - Focusing 100% on Yoga (various kinds) and cardio. As to why, read my log.
Speedy Log

RepublicJim

Postby RepublicJim » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:24 pm

Yep, I use both Adblock Plus and NoScript. I also switched to DuckDuckGo for my primary search engine, as I don't appreciate my online activity being tracked just to shove more "relevant" ads down my throat. Very few ads get past my deflector shields! Oddly enough, I've found that if I'm truly interested in something I can seek out information about it on my own. Just my personal preference, but I'm sure happy with my system. If you prefer to see ads for the occasional one you care about, obviously that's the best option for you.
pathfighter wrote:Keep at it. People may not listen to regular madmen, but they do listen to jacked madmen.

speedy

Postby speedy » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:56 pm

RepublicJim wrote:Yep, I use both Adblock Plus and NoScript. I also switched to DuckDuckGo for my primary search engine, as I don't appreciate my online activity being tracked just to shove more "relevant" ads down my throat. Very few ads get past my deflector shields! Oddly enough, I've found that if I'm truly interested in something I can seek out information about it on my own. Just my personal preference, but I'm sure happy with my system. If you prefer to see ads for the occasional one you care about, obviously that's the best option for you.

Sorry but I love my Google.
Speedy Log

Jesse

Postby Jesse » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 am

I'm with Jim on this one.

speedy

Postby speedy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:39 am

Jesse wrote:I'm with Jim on this one.

I tried it and sort of liked it but caused a lot headaches for tools I need for work so for now I just turned it off.
Speedy Log

RepublicJim

Postby RepublicJim » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:15 am

speedy wrote:I tried it and sort of liked it but caused a lot headaches for tools I need for work so for now I just turned it off.

Yeah, I occasionally get irritated with NoScript, especially on pages where I really want to view the content but the whole page is built on javascript. Rather than selectively enabling a zillion different scripts, I usually just end up opening the page in a different browser that isn't locked down so tightly. However, those instances are rare for me, and worth the aggravation for all that I am saved the rest of the time.

I'm a big believer in people doing what suits them. Obviously we have different preferences, and what you do works fine for you. I didn't mean to start a debate about browser usage, nor did I intend to hijack your topic. I'll drop out on this thread and let people enjoy the original post. :mozilla_smile:

Return to “Current Events”