Head Shaving

A place to discuss current events... All discussions must remain civil.
Hardcase

Re: Head Shaving

Postby Hardcase » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:17 am

robin00 wrote:It is very easy to shave with a safety razor. The safety razor is a one time cost. Once you buy a safety razor you don't need to buy another after few shaves. You just need to change the blades and you can do it very easily.

Yeah i've stuck with these Wahl clippers i have as that seems to be the best for now. I still have a bit of hair that grows at the top but not that much. Once that go's and there's none of that kind of shadow you get then i'll shave with the safety razor for sure i think. I love having no hair it's cool and no maintenance required really! :mozilla_wink:

sculls

Postby sculls » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:10 pm

In case anyone encountered the same problem: the skin on my head can't take shaving and shaving cream. Gets irritated, look like an AIDS patient.

I use a clipping machine and leave the attachment off. Gives me a nice close cut, 1mm I suppose. Much quicker than shaving. Have to cut almost weekly though.
Sport is specific, training is individual.

Train congruently! (not much of a catchphrase but a great concept)
http://www.youtube.com/user/CongruentExercise/videos

Hardcase

Postby Hardcase » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:13 pm

sculls wrote:In case anyone encountered the same problem: the skin on my head can't take shaving and shaving cream. Gets irritated, look like an AIDS patient.

I use a clipping machine and leave the attachment off. Gives me a nice close cut, 1mm I suppose. Much quicker than shaving. Have to cut almost weekly though.

Same here sculls! That's another reason i've just been using the clippers and forgetting the wet shave. I got into a routine of trying the wet shave maybe every 3 days or so but started to get a lot of rashes and little spots on my head. So i said "Nah! Forget it, just use the clipper!" I don't know how anyone's scalp could take shaving it every day as some folks do!

sculls

Postby sculls » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:13 pm

Hardcase wrote:I love having no hair it's cool and no maintenance required really! :mozilla_wink:

Me too. I always tell ppl that it's the best bad thing that ever happened to me.

My parents behave like going bald prematurely (I had to start clipping my head in my mid-30ies) is something to be ashamed of. Maybe in their time it was if you weren't Yul Brynner. :confusion-scratchheadblue:

speedy

Postby speedy » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:41 am

Funny thing about the bald look. I think it looks good on men especially when they are fat or big from working out. But I saw this kid with a bald kid (white kid) and he looked like a cancer patient to me; maybe he is.
2017 - Focusing 100% on Yoga (various kinds) and cardio. As to why, read my log.
Speedy Log

sculls

Postby sculls » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:23 am

Not for women. They want Jamie Dornan.

My wife says I looked better with hair. As did her boss. Which is true, his cranium has an unfortunate shape. A bit like Patrick Star. :mozilla_tongue:

RussianTank

Postby RussianTank » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:25 pm

Hey HC,

Here's some tips. First, wet your hair with warm water, then apply a good amount of foam and make sure it covers everything. Then slightly wet your blade before use too. I suggest you rinse after a few strokes, because all that hair gets stuck in your blade and makes it harder to shave. Also use a quality blade like gillete. I find electric blades work very good. The more blade, the better too. Make sure you rinse and rid of that foam completely.

Also it might sound silly, but try and use virgin olive oil instead of aftershave. It will soften your skin and enrich it with vitamin E. Should also minimize those red spots after your shave too.

Hardcase

Postby Hardcase » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:37 pm

speedy wrote:Funny thing about the bald look. I think it looks good on men especially when they are fat or big from working out. But I saw this kid with a bald kid (white kid) and he looked like a cancer patient to me; maybe he is.

You know that's the thing. When you're white and you shave it all off if you don't have a tan it really sticks out and you can look unhealthy. That's where black or latino guys have an advantage over us whiteys. I was trying to get it tanned this summer but the weather sucked. :mozilla_frown:

RussianTank wrote:Hey HC,

Here's some tips. First, wet your hair with warm water, then apply a good amount of foam and make sure it covers everything. Then slightly wet your blade before use too. I suggest you rinse after a few strokes, because all that hair gets stuck in your blade and makes it harder to shave. Also use a quality blade like gillete. I find electric blades work very good. The more blade, the better too. Make sure you rinse and rid of that foam completely.

Also it might sound silly, but try and use virgin olive oil instead of aftershave. It will soften your skin and enrich it with vitamin E. Should also minimize those red spots after your shave too.

Thanks RA what you up to these days? You know when i shave my head with the safety type razor and foam after it feels so good but it grows in really quick. When i shaved like that and then went in the shower it feels amazing the water hitting your head. Maybe it's just me but it feels really good when you do it. Man i love having no hair and no pissing about with styles and hair gels and stuff like that. I never have to go to a barber now either which is way cool too! :mozilla_laughing:

RussianTank

Postby RussianTank » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:41 pm

Hardcase wrote:
speedy wrote:Funny thing about the bald look. I think it looks good on men especially when they are fat or big from working out. But I saw this kid with a bald kid (white kid) and he looked like a cancer patient to me; maybe he is.

You know that's the thing. When you're white and you shave it all off if you don't have a tan it really sticks out and you can look unhealthy. That's where black or latino guys have an advantage over us whiteys. I was trying to get it tanned this summer but the weather sucked. :mozilla_frown:

RussianTank wrote:Hey HC,

Thanks RA what you up to these days? You know when i shave my head with the safety type razor and foam after it feels so good but it grows in really quick. When i shaved like that and then went in the shower it feels amazing the water hitting your head. Maybe it's just me but it feels really good when you do it. Man i love having no hair and no pissing about with styles and hair gels and stuff like that. I never have to go to a barber now either which is way cool too! :mozilla_laughing:

Hey HC my friend,

I'm very busy nowadays, new job, prospects and life is seems to be going the right way. How are you yourself?

I too like the feeling of shaved head, and never have to go do a haircut so yeah it definitely saves you money.

The reason for red spots is basically irritation and bacteria getting in your skin. So you wanna minimize that by applying some antiseptic like alcohol and skin smoothing lotion. Olive oil is still the better choice.

Canis Caelorum

Postby Canis Caelorum » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:48 pm

Hardcase wrote:You know that's the thing. When you're white and you shave it all off if you don't have a tan it really sticks out and you can look unhealthy.

It can also cause some prejudiced assholes to make assumptions about your political views. A friend of mine was bald by 21 so he has always shaved his head since then. White guy, tattoos, shaved head... A lot of people used to confront him and accuse him of being something he's got nothing to do with.
With respect

M.O.B.F.O.E. - Money Over Bitches, Fitness Over Everything

Return to “Current Events”