Head Shaving

A place to discuss current events... All discussions must remain civil.
speedy

Re: Head Shaving

Postby speedy » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:08 am

Hardcase wrote:I'm thinking of not bothering with the actual razor and foam and just buzzing the head with this WAHL set of clippers i've got somewhere in the house here. I wanted it right in to the skin but it's too complicated with all this having to use a special razor and get special foam and do all this prep like that guy in the video. The whole idea of me shaving it right in was so i can forget about it and it was easy to do. Also i think you need to use a new blade/razor every shave otherwise you end up doing what i did and leaving big red blotches and cuts all over the place. :mozilla_smile: :mozilla_laughing:

Not complicated you just need to obtain the equipment. The safety razor is a one-time cost. The shaving cream you can buy in bulk and so with the razors.

Wahl's aren't that good for close cuts. But in the end do what you want.

Assuming I am right and you live in England here is some examples of how simple this is for you. Meaning you can get all this from Amazon from their UK website.

Kiss My Face Shaving Lotion - See about buying this in bulk
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kiss-My-Face-Mo ... ce+shaving

100-count of Feather Blades - look at how affordable that is for 100 blades. You will never buy plastic crap again.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Feather-Hi-Stai ... her+blades

Perfect Razor for beginners: - I personally own this and should have started with this one but didn't.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Merkur-Double-E ... Merkur+34c

If you want a long handle version of it: - might be a better choice due to the longer handle
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Merkur-23C-Hand ... Merkur+34c

While I own the Merkur 34C this is my first and preferred safety razor and costs a bit more but IMHO it's worth it. Note it's a one-time cost. The razor will probably out live you.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Merkur-Futur-Ad ... rkur+Razor

Or just get a GOOD SET OF CLIPPERS! Not Wahl!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oster-97-60-Bar ... classic+76

Expensive but also will outlive you. I own them myself and they are da bomb!

Jesse

Postby Jesse » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:59 am

Hardcase, I ran into much the same problem when I was doing it. I wanted something low maintenance and a flat shave ended up needing to be reshaved every couple of days. Stubble or in my case about a 1/4" of it is much easier to just leave alone and cut every week and a half or so.

Hardcase

Postby Hardcase » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:18 am

Jesse wrote:Hardcase, I ran into much the same problem when I was doing it. I wanted something low maintenance and a flat shave ended up needing to be reshaved every couple of days. Stubble or in my case about a 1/4" of it is much easier to just leave alone and cut every week and a half or so.

Thanks man i think that's the way i'll go with it because although i like it shaved right in it's a lot of maintenance and shaving to keep it like that. I noticed much as yourself that maybe every third day i'd have to take it right back in to the skin again to keep it like i wanted.

I think this is the best way to go unless someone is so bald they literally have tiny bits at the side to shave. I've got a lot of hair at the sides and going up to the top. The top is where i'm losing it the most.

But the same as you i used to go to a barber get it shaved with the buzz cutter thing and then i'd say "if only it would stay at that length and not grow i'd be sorted!" Then the sides would grow in and i'd be "Aaarrrgghh! This looks terrible all growing at the sides and hardly at all on the top!" :mozilla_laughing:

speedy

Postby speedy » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:04 pm

Are you going to trim your sack too? :mozilla_tongue:

Hardcase

Postby Hardcase » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:40 am

speedy wrote:Are you going to trim your sack too? :mozilla_tongue:

Hey! Who knows? I might, and may take some pics of before and after :mozilla_tongue: I might even post them up on here! :mozilla_wink:

bigdaddy

Postby bigdaddy » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:44 am

It was a progression for me: I started just using clippers and gradually getting it shorter until I was using no guard. I finally started just shaving it. I've found the best blade out there is the Gillette Fusion Pro-Glide (haven't tried the ball end though) but they're way too expensive. I switched to the Dollar Shave Club. Even then the only blades that don't consistently nick me are the Executive blades.
" I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me"- Phi. 4:13

"See there? You give somebody a rap in the beezer you get some respect"

"Drop death right on its ass"-Mr.Mean

Hardcase

Postby Hardcase » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:27 am

Thanks BigD. yeah i found the WAHL shaver that i have. It was stored away and i couldn't remember where. So i was searching the whole house. Eventually found it stored away at the the very corner of a set of mirror wardrobes with blankets over it! :mozilla_laughing: So i use that and it's good it gets it in really close. But every so often i'll take it right back to the skin. I did it today. I did my workout and was shaving and i thought "i feel like taking it right in again" So i did and this time i went really slowly as the last time i was just doing it real quick without care and attention resulting in cuts everywhere!

I'll maintain the look with the shavers and then maybe once a week take it right in to the bone.

I love having my head shaved in, it feels great and dead clean as well. I feel sorry for guys who can't accept it and spend $$$ on expensive hairpieces and the like. :doh:

speedy

Postby speedy » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:41 pm

Keep the skin tight and the blade flush to the surface it's on. Any curls of the skin or tilting the clippers will result in cuts.

Hardcase

Postby Hardcase » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:52 pm

speedy wrote:Keep the skin tight and the blade flush to the surface it's on. Any curls of the skin or tilting the clippers will result in cuts.

Thanks speedy. Yeah the other time i did it i was too blase about it and not giving it the time needed to do it properly resulting in about four cuts that really bled for a while. :mozilla_laughing:

robin00

Postby robin00 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:20 am

It is very easy to shave with a safety razor. The safety razor is a one time cost. Once you buy a safety razor you don't need to buy another after few shaves. You just need to change the blades and you can do it very easily.

Return to “Current Events”