Barber Shops

A place to discuss current events... All discussions must remain civil.
speedy

Barber Shops

Postby speedy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:20 am

It's snowing, no one is calling, so I am bored. So here I am starting a topic about barber shops. No premise, let's see where the topic goes.

What I miss:
A hot woman with a big rack cutting my hair.
They don't seem to use Oster Classic 76 clippers anymore

What I love:
Straight razor - love it
Clippers
Male barbers really know how to do a fade.

I once went to a hair stylist for I was taking a chance since her business was so close to my condo. After saying I wanted a 1, 2, 3, 4 buzz cut with fade and she went, I don't know what that is I knew I was in trouble.

Summary, woman are nice to look at, but if you like a good buzz cut male barbers are the way to go!

Skinsfan28

Re: Barber Shops

Postby Skinsfan28 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:46 am

The key is barber not stylist, which is not gender specific. The barber school is completely different from the cosmetology schools that produce stylists. My barber shop is actually a husband and wife run place and they both do a very good job. I do agree though if you want a good fade or flat top style hair cut a good barber is the only way to go.
"Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
- Earl Nightingale

speedy

Postby speedy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:00 am

Skinsfan28 wrote:The key is barber not stylist, which is not gender specific. The barber school is completely different from the cosmetology schools that produce stylists. My barber shop is actually a husband and wife run place and they both do a very good job. I do agree though if you want a good fade or flat top style hair cut a good barber is the only way to go.

I am not closed minded, and agree with you. But I also been to a few "female" barbers and yet to find one that does as good as a job on a male as the male barbers I encountered.

Believe me, if I could find a female barber that can do it how I like, I would be there in second. But I yet to find one.

Hardcase

Postby Hardcase » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:33 am

That's nonsense speedy! Here i go to a barber and the guy that owns the shop also cuts. I never let him cut my hair as the girls in the shop do a much better job. Anytime he does it it's usually a disaster with bits not cut and stuff. :mozilla_laughing:

speedy

Postby speedy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:46 am

I guess I just have bad luck. I did one that did an okay job and they were at least DD's. :mozilla_tongue:

Hardcase

Postby Hardcase » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:37 am

speedy wrote:I guess I just have bad luck. I did one that did an okay job and they were at least DD's. :mozilla_tongue:

Ah well see i get a #0 cut all over so there's not much to go wrong!! :mozilla_smile: I should do it myself but i can't find the cutters at home. I put them somewhere and now i can't find them. I have to go tomorrow for a cut.

speedster you need treatment for your sex addiction! Now, that's funny! :mozilla_laughing:

speedy

Postby speedy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:05 am

Hardcase wrote:
speedy wrote:I guess I just have bad luck. I did one that did an okay job and they were at least DD's. :mozilla_tongue:

Ah well see i get a #0 cut all over so there's not much to go wrong!! :mozilla_smile: I should do it myself but i can't find the cutters at home. I put them somewhere and now i can't find them. I have to go tomorrow for a cut.

speedster you need treatment for your sex addiction! Now, that's funny! :mozilla_laughing:

Naaa....only quitters need meetings.

Skinsfan28

Postby Skinsfan28 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:12 am

I think a sex addict meeting would be a good spot to meet the ladies.
"Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
- Earl Nightingale

exeter

Postby exeter » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:36 am

In the long distant past, barbers used to double up as dentists and surgeons (the red and white barber pole represents this history).

Ambroise Pare, often called the father of modern surgery, began as a barber/surgeon. He served in the courts of Henry II & III, Francis II and Charles IX, back in the 16th century.

Henry M. Leland, the inventor of the electric barber clippers, also founded two classic automotive brands, Cadillac and Lincoln.

There is speculation that Sweeney Todd may have been a real person... though he may well have been a fictional representation of Victorian-era fear mongering :mozilla_undecided: :mozilla_laughing:

speedy

Postby speedy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:38 am

Skinsfan28 wrote:I think a sex addict meeting would be a good spot to meet the ladies.

Honestly I thought of that. But you are chatting with someone that has been to a truly real honest to God swinger party. The swingers could be ones parents or/and grand-parents and not the hot kind either. When I walked into the room I was viewed like I was a piece of meat. I am not exaggerating when I say they were licking their lips. While I am open minded, NO THANK YOU!

Safe to say I didn't go to the "room" as they call it.

How did this come upon me I am sure you are wondering. Well after I got separated/divorced I dated all kinds of woman. I happen to be a swingers side action/boy-toy/bf. She invited me to the party and I was curious. Her, me, her hubby, and some of her friends where we all were sitting were the youngest there (we were all in our middle 30's) all the others, much more than that!

Return to “Current Events”