Trumps temporary ban

A place to discuss current events... All discussions must remain civil.
Zero the Hero
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 1:53 pm

Re: Trumps temporary ban

Postby Zero the Hero » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:35 am

The mainstream media despises Trump. You'll hear nothing but solid negativity from them for the next four years.

These are the same media that said Trump had a 1 in 100 chance of winning and had Hilary way ahead in every so-called "poll" prior to the election.

It doesn't matter what the false news claims because we in the silent majority support him.

MAGA, Sir.




Soclydeza
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:57 am
Location: NJ

Re: Trumps temporary ban

Postby Soclydeza » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:29 am

Hardcase wrote:
Soclydeza wrote:
bklynfirefighter wrote:The issue has been twisted here in the U.S. to claim that Trump is anti-immigration
As you gentlemen have clearly stated ,this is a temporary travel ban, not a halt to immigration
The American media is very anti-Trump and does not present a balanced view
The media only presents the views of the anti-Trump side, while completely omitting the views of other Americans
I can't speak for all Americans, but from what I've heard from people where I live, they are not anti-immigration, but are concerned about preventing terrorists from entering the country


This is a very good assessment of the situation. Trump is basically doing things that democrats have either been in favor of, voted on or set in motion in the past, yet the left likens him to Hitler and the media plays into this and uses specific language to demonize his decisions, which incites mass protesting and riots, which the media reports on and feeds it back to the people, and so goes the vicious circle.

Unreal that there are people like you guys going around. It's a seriously scary thought. Get help immediately.


I will say that, though I'm glad he won over Hillary, I do have my reservations about Trump but I'm open to see what he does and see if he proves me wrong.

Observe the actions of the left over the past year - especially recently - with a rational mind, then tell me who the ones who really need help are. And try coming up with logical arguments instead of pseudo ad hominem attacks against people you disagree with; this is why you guys lost the election.

Hardcase
Posts: 2933
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:21 am

Re: Trumps temporary ban

Postby Hardcase » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:04 pm

I never lost the election bud i'm from the UK so didn't get a vote. However if i did i'd have voted for Hillary straight away over this ludicrous game show host that the electoral college system has elected. Not the popular vote, which Clinton won.

As far as logical arguments i could argue the toss with you all day and still not get any proper sense as you have elected a person with zero political experience, who ran a popular game show on TV, as your President. That is the extent of the brain power we're dealing with here. Which, as i said, is a very scary prospect for the world.

bklynfirefighter
Posts: 1336
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 10:53 am

Re: Trumps temporary ban

Postby bklynfirefighter » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:57 pm

Soclydeza"[quote="bklynfirefighter wrote:This is a very good assessment of the situation. Trump is basically doing things that democrats have either been in favor of, voted on or set in motion in the past, yet the left likens him to Hitler and the media plays into this and uses specific language to demonize his decisions, which incites mass protesting and riots, which the media reports on and feeds it back to the people, and so goes the vicious circle.

I will say that, though I'm glad he won over Hillary, I do have my reservations about Trump but I'm open to see what he does and see if he proves me wrong.

Observe the actions of the left over the past year - especially recently - with a rational mind, then tell me who the ones who really need help are. And try coming up with logical arguments instead of pseudo ad hominem attacks against people you disagree with; this is why you guys lost the election.
[/quote][/quote]

Soclydeza
You are right.....many people feel the same way but didn't like the alternative
Hillary Clinton is a politician and many Americans are very angry with the elected officials who have been running the U.S. for decades now
The Anti-Trump people have been behaving like spoiled children throwing temper tantrums with their rioting, vandalizing, protests and blocking other people from going about their business
A few days ago, an anti-Trump protest group blocked traffic in Hartford, Connecticut and among the vehicles blocked was an ambulance transporting a critically patient to a hospital
Because of the delay, an emergency procedure which was supposed to be performed at a hospital had to be performed in the ambulance while stuck in traffic
Trump is the president of the U.S. now and people should give him a fair chance instead of behaving like children who can't get their way

ato
Posts: 1384
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:31 am

Re: Trumps temporary ban

Postby ato » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:47 am

bklynfirefighter wrote:. . .
Trump is the president of the U.S. now and people should give him a fair chance instead of behaving like children who can't get their way


This is a common sentiment, but surely you see the irony here. Trump, before he was president, was the most vocal poster boy of the Birther movement. He made no call for a fair chance, rather used every oppotunity to grab exposure for himself and impede the office of the president. Looks like behaving like children who don't get there way is a sure shot at the White House.

As to the ban, can anyone point to Yemen on a map? Does anyone know whether the countries on the ban list are majority Sunni or Shia? This is way more than just keeping bad hombres out of the homeland.
KeyboardWarrior wrote: Little girls in china can lift more weight than you do. What's your excuse?

pathfighter
Posts: 2059
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:50 am

Re: Trumps temporary ban

Postby pathfighter » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:05 pm

The sheer incompetence of the Trump administration is my biggest concern. The Muslim ban rollout was handled disastrously. Normally, these things are planned ahead, with everyone in the chain of command being told what to do, and how to convert policy into ground reality, and with time to re-train agents, etc. Instead, they just made an announcement, as if they were asking the waiters as a resort to wear a button on their lapel or something. The results was utter chaos, with people being turned away because they were born in one of those countries, legal US permanent residents turned away, relatives of US servicemen. Who are these people in the executive branch? This is serious business and they're treating it like they're managing a golf course.

This is aside from the fact that they are letting political jargon guide policy. We thought they were talking tough to get elected, with all these promises of authoritarian style actions. Turns out they believe their own rhetoric. So they tried to ban Muslims, including refugees, who have already gone through a multi-step vetting process, completely ignoring the fact that these people are NOT at increased risk of terrorist acts.

Even if you buy into their stupid logic, why do you figure they left off Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Pakistan, three countries that ARE funders of terrorism or hotbeds of terrorist ideology and training. Turns out he has business interests in Saudi Arabia and Egypt. And they left off Pakistan for who knows the fuck what reason. They're idiots.

I would rather have Pence in charge. I disagree with almost every one of his policies, but at least he's not incompetent.
jimlang wrote: Bunch a burpee lovin' dorks...

User avatar
Alph
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:27 am
Location: Midwest

Re: Trumps temporary ban

Postby Alph » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:39 am

If Trump were to go down, I can't see Pence not being dragged down with him. Trump doesn't strike me as the type of guy who would go quietly into the night, and would much rather be a Samson and pull the house down around him.
Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination.... Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. - Jim Jarmusch

bklynfirefighter
Posts: 1336
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 10:53 am

Re: Trumps temporary ban

Postby bklynfirefighter » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:57 pm

Well....say what you want about Trump
But the religion of peace has struck again...this time in London....again !
You still don't get it ?
Better wake the hell up.....before it happens here.....again !
My condolences to the people of London
Time to arm the British police, because this shit will continue to happen !
And someone in Germany better find a bullet for Merkel before what's left of Germany is gone forever....same for France, Holland, Belgium, Italy and the Scandanavian countries who have flooded their lands with "refugees"
"Refugees" are the modern version of the Trojan Horse and will destroy every country they are allowed to proliferate in
And this is exactly why the U.S. needs armed citizens as well as it's police....eradicate these fucks....let the Crusade begin !
Last edited by bklynfirefighter on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Faust
Posts: 1917
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:53 pm

Re: Trumps temporary ban

Postby Faust » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:24 pm

If you have 10 pieces of chocolate and you know one is poisoned... What will you do?
The receiver makes the massage.

pathfighter
Posts: 2059
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:50 am

Re: Trumps temporary ban

Postby pathfighter » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:22 pm

You propose to kill my friends and family because... Why? I had something to do with this? News to me.
jimlang wrote: Bunch a burpee lovin' dorks...


Return to “Current Events”


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users