Noob - BJJ

Discuss MMA techniques, strategy, drills, and preparation
Fitness_Freek

Re: Noob - BJJ

Postby Fitness_Freek » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:33 am

finnegan wrote:I dont know where you train bjj but if somebody walks in off the street and is tapping your experienced guys its not a school I would recommend.

Truth!!! :clap:
"I wasnt a good student, and even now I never say that I am better than anybody, but I know I love jiu jitsu more than anybody" - Marcelo Garcia
As far as our training goes, we lift heavy and hard - Branch Warren

http://instagram.com/josefbriggs

dalesr

Postby dalesr » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:39 am

Can't really be arsed with taking this much further but I think think its a case of understanding the words on the page. Not walking in and and tapping experienced guys, as guys is multiple that would insinuate the ability to walk in and destroy the whole club at will which isn't reality or my point. My point being that noobs have been known, not just by me, to tap somebody with experience by the sheer effort they approach with. Those with experience tend to be more measured and relaxed and don't just throw everything that they have at it, ie guillotines, arm bars etc. It's a fact that it happens, in stand up and in grappling a new guy comes in and can catch an experienced guy out. As I said it tends to only happen once then people cotton on and /or words are had and it certainly isn't a regular trend,not even once every 2 years but it does happen in most clubs. I'm more than happy with where and under whom I train, some of the best in the world. Maybe its just my time in the sport that's opened me to these experiences and they will come your way at some point eventually. .. peace

finnegan

Postby finnegan » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:31 pm

My friend. If a person who has never trained bjj before comes in off street and taps your experienced guys through "effort" as you call it then your experienced guys need to train elsewhere because they aint getting what they need there.

jkdman81

Postby jkdman81 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:23 pm

my suggestion would be to take a class with the potential instructor and find out what the culture are there guy that are gonna there to beat up you to make themselves feel good or are they there to actually learn something? and just echoing what other have said find out the lineage of their bb a lot of poser arounf these days
my only limitation is having no limitations!!!!

Return to “MMA Skills, Strategy, and Training”