Bjj question.

Discuss MMA techniques, strategy, drills, and preparation
Khaos

Re: Bjj question.

Postby Khaos » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:37 pm

Roadblock in my training. My left shoulder has a horrible pain in it. Whenever I raise it with the arm bent.

It came on suddenly, and I'm not sure of the cause, I don't care about tapping early or often...

It's at the front of the shoulder near the pec, to about the top.

Going to try and see a doctor Friday, but have been keeping range of motion, and icing it often, as well as taking ibuprofen.

Resting as much as possible, aside from work.

Definitely missing the mats.

finnegan

Postby finnegan » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:29 am

Go see the Dr. for sure my friend. Hang tough. Injuries are a part of it, they suck but we adapt. You will be ok.

Is there anyway you can just go to class and rep?

Khaos

Postby Khaos » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:42 am

Certainly, it hurts less, and less the more I move it.

Of course, the next morning its always a bit worse.

I am taking the week off(aside from work) to rest it, and will be seeing a doctor friday.

A week wont kill me for real, it just feels like it.

The other shoulder pops, but there isnt any pain, no yet anyway.

Khaos

Postby Khaos » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:19 am

Received first stripe on my blue belt last night. Training on average, four nights a week now. Down to 170-175 lbs also.

finnegan

Postby finnegan » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:52 am

Congrats man. Keep on rolllin.

punchtown

Postby punchtown » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:23 pm

speedy wrote:Less thinking and more doing is my response. You want to try to do whatever you learned in class till you find yourself stuck in a pickle. You won't learn anything tapping too early.

Not to be argumentative but its better to tap early than to let yourself really get hurt. I rarely tap to chokes but armbars, heel hooks and stuff like that can innjure you pretty badly to the point surgery is required and once you're cought, the technique is already been done so you may as well tap and live to fight another day.

punchtown

Postby punchtown » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:29 pm

I did a freestyle grappling comp last weekend, sort of a local thing but guys came from a bunch of different provinces and a few from Inner Mongolia. It was tough, I won 2 lost 1. It was a lot of fun and the first time I did a comp like that, anything was aloud Gi/nogi, wrestling shoes if you want them, rashie or not...Sort of lik the Metamoris stuff but not that high of a level Now, that's funny.

Khaos

Postby Khaos » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:39 am

Received third stripe on my blue belt mabye about a month ago, mabye a little over.

Weight is at 160-165, training on average 5-6 days a week.

Still havent fit in a full strength program, but at the same time, I add lots of shoulder, upper back, etc,exercises as rehab, prehab,(for earlier in thread mentioned shoulder injury) that have actually given a good level of extra upper body strength.

I fit in what would amount to mini workouts, but at the same time, I get a lot just being on the mat, so...

Khaos

Postby Khaos » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:52 am

Got my Purple belt on New Years eve.

Still going on average 5 days a week.

Been following Coach Sommers "Gymnastic Bodies" Core foundation routines as a strength supplement. Been enjoying the progressions.

Weight hovers around 170 lbs. Between 167-172

Return to “MMA Skills, Strategy, and Training”