June 9th

Discuss MMA techniques, strategy, drills, and preparation
WarMonkey

Re: June 9th

Postby WarMonkey » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:13 pm

FUCK. Original opponent pulled out. Now facing an unknown fighter at the same weight, but this time at novice rules instead of amateur. Didn't want to fight novice again, but oh well- going to go in with everything I have anyway. Still weighing in tomorrow.
Iron sharpens iron.

WarMonkey

Postby WarMonkey » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:51 pm

Weighed in at 67.0kg this evening. Opponent weighed in at 71kg, but screw it, I'm lucky to have had someone take this on short notice. Tomorrow night, it's on.
Iron sharpens iron.

WarMonkey

Postby WarMonkey » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:16 am

So, the fight came and went. Did pretty good this fight. First round, focused on defence, seeing what his "weapons" were and then working out what to do. So, he came out with strong punches, good level changes, hit me a few times in the body. I got pretty sore from the shots he threw, but stayed up and focused on counter fighting. 2nd round apparently my guard was a little lax, but third round was pretty tidy. I remember giving him a standing 8-count in one round, and also knocking him down with a head kick, but I'm not sure what round it was. I look forward to getting the video though, so I actually get to see how it went, because I really don't remember most of it too well.
Iron sharpens iron.

jb21

Postby jb21 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:19 am

Did you win?

WarMonkey

Postby WarMonkey » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:24 pm

jb21 wrote:Did you win?

Under TBA rules, novice bouts are unscored... But from what people tell me, I was clearly in control of the match and would have won.
Iron sharpens iron.

Return to “MMA Skills, Strategy, and Training”